Anyone else think PC multiplayer really sucks now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else think PC multiplayer really sucks now

Obviously server admins don't like the way MP was developed because all servers have been modified for a specific style of play, "Tactical/Realism". I guess this style of play is the most popular with players. I mean why not, with no running it's much easier to hit your target, and when you're forced to crouch, you stay hidden from your enemy.

For added "Realism" weapons like mines, dogs, rifle grenades, and satchel charge are restricted, because of course they were never used during WW2.

Now before you post that I should get my own server or I'm a whiner yadda yadda yadda - I'm just pointing out how server admin needs have changed.

Treyarch is clearly putting way too much effort developing MP, and I would suggest that any future offerings be limited to single player only, because we don't need all that other junk.

Anyway, I'm off to go read the 12 page "Server Rules" on the hosts web site, or I guess I can just read them as they spam up the screen.

Re: Anyone else think PC multiplayer really sucks now

I find many regular servers. There is only one tactical realism server I play on because they have running disabled along with arty/uav/dogs/vehicles. Other than no running, because you cant, there are no other rules. You can use whatever weapon you want. They even made it so that the flak jacket works, which most hardcore/realism servers seem to have a hard time doing.

Yes, there are a lot of them but just as many servers saying "no noobtube/betties/guns." In some areas there are too many options for server admins and on others there are not enough. I think it is good that it is a bit limited because then you never know what kind of server you are on.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by ExitChicago
      For added "Realism" weapons like mines, dogs, rifle grenades, and satchel charge are restricted, because of course they were never used during WW2.
      No its not this reason, its because people that run these servers arent that good and when other people play on their server and get OWNED by the means you mentioned above and therefore put the restrictions on the servers.

Although it is nice to actually use stealth in the tactical servers (no running) other wise its a bunch of noobs sprinting around the map avoiding gun fire and outrunning grenades....

Comment

Vanilla (no mods) multiplayer is actually ok. Its just that we want something better

Comment

We should all just go back to playing CoD2. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
            We should all just go back to playing CoD2. lol.
            I tried that and despite half the servers having silly mods with UT sounds or instagib shotgun only it was rather a bit of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by annihilatorape
              No its not this reason, its because people that run these servers arent that good and when other people play on their server and get OWNED by the means you mentioned above and therefore put the restrictions on the servers.
              I think he was using sarcasm.

Comment

I don't understand why you're having so much trouble with multiplayer. There are hundreds of servers and plenty of them are normal. I don't know what game mode you're playing but I'm sure S&D would attract more "Realism" players.

When I play with my friends we assign each other a role and go onto a TDM and keep in touch with teamspeak. What we'll do is have one leader, one SMG (attack) soldier and one heavy machine gunner to cover us. We'll take an important position on a map where we can camp and there's a lot of action and we defend it till the last drop of blood. It's so much fun and it's even better when it's War mode because we have an objective and we'll cover the team by being behind enemy lines and killing them all. It's sooo much fun.

Try it, use teamwork, I know COD isn't the biggest teamplay game but if you use perks that will encourage that and have friends willing to help you I'm sure you'll have a great time. Revive is great because you know if you don't cover each other the person will take that 1 more bullet and die. So we've had some pretty awesome moments where a guy would come around a corner and 3 guys will open up on him. Try having all that firepower with a huge bass and the speakers up real high. Really really fun!

Comment

Working...
                X