Dissapointing new unlock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissapointing new unlock!

Just unlocked the smoke-IDS grenade. To my big surprise I only have 1... I was thinking to start using it, but one smoke? useless.:shakehead:

Re: Dissapointing new unlock!

Should have tried it as a field upgrade first.

Normally I would suggest picking up a kit that has it prior to unlocking it, but in this case nobody uses the nadar (which in and of itself is a clue I guess).

Comment

what? you just unlocked it now? haven't you had NS for a while now?

and yeah, one of the most useless unlocks, along with IPS shield, smoke nade, stabilizer.

Comment

Yup, it sucks on several levels. The smoke coverage is not good, you only have 1 and it takes forever to resupply, It use to take even longer but they "Fixed" that in a patch.

Comment

IPS Shield? :shakehead: don't get me started.

Comment

if IPS shield wasn't neon lights and was clear instead, it might be more useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
              what? you just unlocked it now? haven't you had NS for a while now?

and yeah, one of the most useless unlocks, along with IPS shield, smoke nade, stabilizer.
              I only started playing Ns for like, 3 months and I dont play that often because It fell more laggy then the original. And Anyways I had the choice of unlocking the nadar or the RDX shotgun that i know isint worth a piece of crap. As for the IPS i got 32 kills with its precious help today

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
              Should have tried it as a field upgrade first.

Normally I would suggest picking up a kit that has it prior to unlocking it, but in this case nobody uses the nadar (which in and of itself is a clue I guess).
              Bah, only had this unlock to unlock so i guess i dint had the choice lol.

Comment

I've only found it to be useful in Titan coridors. Smoke then rush with several guys. You can usually clean them out pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                  if IPS shield wasn't neon lights and was clear instead, it might be more useful.
                  exactly. Putting that infront of you makes it clear to the enemy. WHAT KIND OF TECH DEPARTMENT THOUGHT OF THIS ONE?

Comment

it could be that the color pink might make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, therefore making you less aggressive and putting your gun away.

Comment

Originally posted by wardogHk
                      Just unlocked the smoke-IDS grenade. To my big surprise I only have 1... I was thinking to start using it, but one smoke? useless.:shakehead:
                      Nooooooo, it's actually VERY useful. ...If there's one guy camping somewhere to defend a flag, you throw it ahead of yourself before running into the capping zone, so he doesn't get the drop on you.

Particularly useful when your team have no commander.

It's better than the support IDS in a way, because you don't have to be in the place you want the scan in order to position it. The other nice thing is that if you throw it very far ahead of yourself (with a running jump) then it sweeps a big old area as it sails through the sky!
                      :thumbsup:

Honestly, the radar grenade is hella-cool! :nod:

Comment

The issue with radar greande is not it's use, but it's quantity.

1 ONLY??? WHAT? What is this, throw before death thing?

Give us reasonable 5, I can see it's uses as SWAT tactic as squad leader. But one?

MOAR!

Comment

i find that it can be useful like if your at an enemy flag and want to know if people are coming

but usually i just use rockets and the defibrillator

Comment

Originally posted by Forces(UK)
                            Nooooooo, it's actually VERY useful. ...If there's one guy camping somewhere to defend a flag, you throw it ahead of yourself before running into the capping zone, so he doesn't get the drop on you.

Particularly useful when your team have no commander.

It's better than the support IDS in a way, because you don't have to be in the place you want the scan in order to position it. The other nice thing is that if you throw it very far ahead of yourself (with a running jump) then it sweeps a big old area as it sails through the sky!
                            :thumbsup:

Honestly, the radar grenade is hella-cool! :nod:
                            yes that is indeed a nice way to use it, but 1 smoke made my bonner go away...

Originally posted by Blackfire458
                            i find that it can be useful like if your at an enemy flag and want to know if people are coming

but usually i just use rockets and the defibrillator
                            Also work good in titan corridors!

Comment

hey don't knock the RDX shotgun. It is best in Titan mode. Great for taking consoles and getting those pesky snipers that always camp the upper corridors. It's also nice because you can lob it into a corridor or reactor core and clear the RDX and APMS that people always leave for you. Also clears motion mines.

Comment

Working...
                              X