Nothing's changed it seems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nothing's changed it seems!

The very reason I use smoke is to get the jump on enemies and to cover my approach to a flag rather than cover the flag itself. Actually I'm more or less doing both.

Works well enough on Port Bavaria.

Comment

I personally like the Lambert. It's good at what it's supposed to do, anyway. Kind of like a suped-up SMG (which is, I guess, the whole idea behind a carbine).

As for the RDX jumping, this is why you should never play FF-off. There's never any reason to have FF-off because it just encourages this type of BS spammy gameplay. In Titan mode it means people just spam nades all over the Titan because they have no chance of incurring TKs and can only benefit from doing so. On city maps you get RDX jumpers, and on vehicle maps you get jihadders (even moreso than normal, which is already quite a bit). So rule of thumb, don't join servers with FF-off. Some servers run FF at a reduced rate and the browser still shows it as 'OFF' (which is stupid) so you may have to inquire within to see if it's off or just reduced, but once you see FF is 100% off, leave and never return.

As for medic/assault being overpowered, avoid infantry-focused maps. They're 'overpowered' at taking out infantry because that's pretty much their job. See how well their PK rockets and ARs do against a Bogatyr or A8 Tiger. At least in this game medic and assault are one and the same, whereas in BF2 you could argue about medics being overpowered compared to assault (which they are), but that's a story for a different forum.

As for repair points, yes they're tedious to get and yes it's boring sitting around just fixing Titan guns, but how else would you get repair points? Ideally, be part of a vehicle column on a vehicle map and fix them when they get hurt.

So in short, pick servers that run vehicle maps with FF-on. And if you actually find one, do let me know and I might actually come back and play BF2142 again.

Comment

FF off is fine. just turn let explosives you set off be able to kill/hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
          Then play on a server that bans RDX hopping, not whine about it here.
          Actually, I do play almost entirely on servers with FF on, to avoid RDX bunnies.

However, just because you don't like someone's opinion, try to avoid calling it whining, because that just makes it look like you've never used forums before.

People complain about plenty of things here. If you have no sympathy for it you're better to ignore it than to apply a childish label to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Forces(UK)
            Actually, I do play almost entirely on servers with FF on, to avoid RDX bunnies.

However, just because you don't like someone's opinion, try to avoid calling it whining, because that just makes it look like you've never used forums before.

People complain about plenty of things here. If you have no sympathy for it you're better to ignore it than to apply a childish label to it.
            Originally posted by Forces(UK)
            Perfectly legal within the RoE; yes.

Perfectly acceptable; not on your nelly.
            Not perfectly acceptable to who? Obviously some server owners find it acceptable if they allow it on their servers or do it themselves. I don't disagree with you not liking RDX hoppers or trying to stay away from them.

I guess if you meant "perfectly acceptable" to mean the everyone found it acceptable then your last post is right.

Comment

the shotgun makes short work of RDX bunnies :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by NoobHunter
                Been a while since I last played BF2142 and despite a massive patch update it seems nothing has changed.

(1) The Assault/Medic kit is still the most overpowered kit ever with no bad guns and easy point harvesting.
                (2) The Lambert Carbine is still nerfed to high heaven.
                (3) Repair points are still nigh on impossible to get.
                (4) Cheats/Hacks are still common place.
                (5) People are still exploiting FF by using RDX jump spamming noob tactics. (B2B clan in particular use this all the time but they are a dodgy clan so avoid them)

I still enjoy the game but these problems were still apparent before! Why won't EA get a clue and sort this out?!
                Huh, weird, all i read was "QQ cheats QQ Medic QQ QQ!"...

Comment

Nothing's changed because people still complain about the way other people play. As has already been stated, rdx hopping is not against BF ROE, nor is jihading. I used to hate rdx hoppers too. Then I became a better player rather than keep complaining about it. If you let an rdx hopper get close enough to you that he kills you, then you deserve to die.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the way some people play too. I am one of the first to hate on pk rockets/voss. But when somebody kills me with those weapons, I find a way to get revenge rather than keep on b!%$#ing about it. When the server turns into a spam fest, either I find another server or throw out an ammo hub and join in the fun!

As for the Lambert, I actually use it quite often. It works for my style of play. If you find that a weapon seems underpowered, then you probably haven't figured out how to use it effectively yet.

Oh, and I rarely ever see people cheating at this game, despite all the hackusations that go around. It's probably because the servers I play on regularly are well admined. Hackers/glitchers tend to hang out on noob servers where they are safe from kicks/bans.

Comment

Oh, and I rarely ever see people cheating at this game, despite all the hackusations that go around. It's probably because the servers I play on regularly are well admined. Hackers/glitchers tend to hang out on noob servers where they are safe from kicks/bans.
                    I Concur.

Comment

Les chiens aboient, la caravane passe...

Comment

All we need is a horn call...

Comment

^^like this?

Comment

All we need is a horn call...
                            You can plug this into your Saxport...

Comment

Originally posted by Boreas
                              ^^like this?
                              lol nice pic, Just like that.

Comment

OH boy, we have gone wayyyyy off topic!

The only thing I see that's never changed is the Doragon gunship.

THE HITBOX ON THAT THING IS HUGE! Maybe reduce the front hitbox of the gunship so that only 20% of the rockets fired from the Talon will be hit on the Doragon.

Compare to Talon's hitbox, it is small.

Don't believe me? Try have a friend and yourself both sit in Doragon and fire at each other, now try the Talon and Doragon?

It's not the doragon rockets do not track, it's Talon got a smaller hitbox comparing to Doragon.

As for the counter-measures, just flip a coin, heads you win, tails you loose.

Comment

Working...
                                X