Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will MW2 Have a dramatic impact on the franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will MW2 Have a dramatic impact on the franchise?

With all the current stories relating to the upcoming release of the game i just wanted to know what you as a community think the impact of this game will be on the franchise?

Personally i see this being a similar relationship to BF2 and BF2142. Thousands still play BF2 more than BF2142 even though it was popular for a while and still remains relatively popular. However whenever anyone thinks of a real hardcore BF game they think 1942 and BF2 because they made a real impact on the franchise.

With all the current stories about MW2 i can almost see this game going the wrong way and damaging IW's reputation with upholding the highest degree of the Cod series against their rivals Treyarch, who for me at the moment with their current developer and community support have done a much better job at delivering there new game.

What are your opinions?

Re: Will MW2 Have a dramatic impact on the franchise?

I agree with what you are saying. CoD4 was the BF2 of the franchise. Some would say it was the 2142 because the gameplay changed a lot with the perk system.

Though CoD4 has the same overall feel of CoD with its single player, I feel it is a very different game than what it was back then.

I think MW2 will have a great storyline and be a very fun game, but I dont think it will be different enough to be a franchise changing game. Thats what CoD4 was.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Hmm I'd say BF2 = COD2. Cod 2 is still very popular.

Comment

Unless they show us something really new, I think it will be a bit what CoD2 was for vCoD, same game but refined/ruined.

Comment

1942/CoD: The original.
          BF2/CoD4: New engine, new gameplay additions, big changes. (perks, unlocks, and ranks; goes for both games really)
          2142/WaW/MW2: Further refinement/ruining of the game on the last game's engine.

I wouldn't call it franchise-changing. MW2 might be very popular, but I don't think it'll stray too far from CoD4's in terms of innovation and gameplay.

Comment

The thing with Call of Duty 4 was that it was so innovating! It was a brand new thing all around, completely new gameplay and gameplay systems nobody has had before. Also the graphics were amazing and you didn't need a super computer to run it high.

Battlefield 2 was also an amazing game. It was a new type of gameplay, and you could have a huge amount of people with many vehicles and it was a teamwork game if you played it right, you couldn't be defeated.

Call of Duty World at War and Battlefield 2142 were pretty much the same game as the previous game, but in a different time period. Also they came out too soon, everybody was still way into COD4 and BF2, so some didn't want to leave because their weren't bored yet. However some did, this ruined a lot of smaller clans, I know this from first hand experience, twice. When you're in a big clan however, you can have two groups that play the different games.

MW2 will definitely not be as popular as COD4 or COD2 if it doesn't have a lot of new features and amazing maps, because it will be the same thing as COD4 but with more eye candy and a few more features.

I think it's going to be pretty popular, especially since it has a lot of weapons people love but are never in games that often, also tons of new features and you get to pick your killstreak weapon.

Comment

Working...
            X