Icon explained?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon explained?

I have looked, and search.. and I've checked out the stickies and I still can't find it.

Now, I know I'll get blasted from someone, but whatever.

What is the red square icon that comes up on the right with a black skull in it? Why does it come and go? What is the purpose of it?

Amazingly I've searched for 'manual', 'skull', 'skull icon', 'bf2 hud', 'bf2 icons', etc.. etc.

Thanks.

Re: Icon explained?

Took me a couple of minutes of googling, but:

One thing to keep in mind when placing mines is that they do not distinguish from friend or foe. Friendly mines will be marked with a red skull in your 3D map and a skull icon will appear on your HUD, so if you see one while driving a vehicle, SLOW DOWN and locate the mine and maneuver to avoid it before continuing.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
      Took me a couple of minutes of googling, but:
      That would be cool and all if people actually paid attention to that when friendly fire is on.

Comment

Very nice, did not know. Thanks.

Comment

Although friendly fire is on, mines will not explode if a friendly vehicle drives over them. However, the splash damage caused by exploding friendly mines, or anything that they destroy, will hurt team mates:

Enemy drives over them and a teammate is near and gets teamkilled;

Friendly drives close, bails out for fear, and the empty vehicle triggers the mine and teamkills the driver;

A friendly claymore detonates on an enemy and a nearby friendly gets teamkilled;

Friendly C4 explosion blows up an enemy vehicle and friendly is near and gets teamkilled.

Be aware that sometimes, a friendly nearby won't be teamkilled but rather killed by the enemy that drove the destroyed vehicle; this is just how bf2's kill distribution system works.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
            That would be cool and all if people actually paid attention to that when friendly fire is on.
            Probably the #1 cause of teamkills in the history of BF2.

I never understood why it was so difficult for players to take note of the warning skull icon, and then to cry and whine about it after the fact, like it was their teammates fault.. total morons.

These days it seems like the majority of servers out there run with FF off, and with good reason.

Comment

Working...
            X