Crashing-where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing-where to start?

Hey, I've been playing without crashing for 7 months now. The last half dozen times I've launched, it's ended in crashing. I don't think I've completed more than a couple battles.
    I have no clue what it is, but the only new things I've had are a logitech cordless mouse that I've begun using again. It's from a mouse/keyboard combo of which the board is broken and dead. I have another cheap logitech board now, I dunno if there's a problem with these.
    Also, I downloaded Shaiya a MMORPG within the timeframe of the problem starting.

I think I need to launch in windowed mode to get the error message so I can figure out what's wrong. I don't know how. What are the steps?
    Thanks.

Re: Crashing-where to start?

I would start by re-installing the game and take it from there.

Do you play using the EA downloader? Not long ago there were a few crash to desktop problems with that.

Comment

Yeah, my copy is a D2D. But I've been playing for half a year with no problems. I really don't want to uninstall it without first finding out why it's crashing.
      My question is how to run in windowed mode so I can get an error report after the crash. I've read about the process b4, but I didn't pay attention to how it was done and I can't find where I saw the info b4.

Comment

I don't know how to play in a windowed mode. You don't have to uninstall the whole game either. I used to play bf2 fine, just like you, until it started ctd'ing on me all the time. Try playing using a mini-image: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...ad.php?t=71422

Apparently these crashes are something to do with a java update. You seem to be experiencing that. Hope it works.

Comment

Working...
        X