Beta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta?

Did Someone know if they going release a beta for the public ?

Re: Beta?

Probably for the Xbox lol.

Comment

They havent said. I hope they do a demo at least. The beta for WaW was nice, but people complained and moaned over and over about it. Rather it be a demo and people shut up.

(Its been a rough day)

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

If anything it will be for the Xbox360 like they did for COD4.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          The beta for WaW was nice, but people complained and moaned over and over about it.
          I believe one reason for the lack of people playing WaW is because some people based their opinion off of the beta. :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by bradino27
            I believe one reason for the lack of people playing WaW is because some people based their opinion off of the beta. :hmm:
            Ditto. Demos/betas can sometimes hurt the retail game more than help it.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
              Agree

Comment

I don't think it was just the quality of the beta that hurt PC sales. It was word of mouth when the game came out that the retail product had the same issues as the beta, plus some.
                In my opinion, not having an open beta or demo hurts sales on the PC. PC gamers are accustomed to having a taste of the game before they buy. Especially in this day and age where you're never sure if the next big game is going to run worth a crap on your PC, demos are essential.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
                  Damn straight :thumbsup:

But mostly because I dislike perks in general and the competitive community is not that big so there's barely any populated promod servers (or whatever the equivalent for WaW was). And it kind of felt like more of the same thing in a sense, CoD4 with a WW2 skin.

Comment

I think you all are correct.

The WaW beta hurt it because of the bugs and unpolished feel of it. Most people dont know the difference between a beta and a demo.

The bugs in it on release. Its obvious Treyarch and IW did not share notes.

Broken features to make it work for the competitive community.

The fact that it was like CoD4.

The fact that it was a WW2 shooter.

The fact Treyarch made it. (I know, thats stupid, but I know people who didnt buy just because of that.)

I do hope MW2 has some type of demo. It doesnt matter to me though because I am getting the game. I love the storyline and single player IW can do. Its not going to be much different from CoD4, so I know what to expect. AND hopefully IW learned the bugs from the first time and we will NOT be seeing them this go around.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I'd rather have a singleplayer demo than a multiplayer beta. The way it's usually been with Call of Duty's.

Comment

I think it should just be a demo as well. The other issue with having a beta is with the ga-zillion people all trying to play at once; the servers get all laggy, then people complain, blah blah blah... Just make a demo out of it, I'm sure the multiplayer isn't gonna be worse than MW or WaW...

Comment

probably for the xbox. maybe for the pc. i am buying it for the px this time.

Comment

Working...
                          X