Which Video Compression Package?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Video Compression Package?

After seeing that aimbotter on Shingle the other day I have started running with FRAPS in the background so if I see some tard I can attempt to get them wiped.

The FRAPS videos are uncompressed and huge. I need a good, preferably free video compressor that can convert these clips to a more manageable size to upload to youtube.

I have some decent footage of the (EU_s) clan biatches glitching on their Port Bavaria server. A shame because that is a decent server for a game of Bavaria.

Re: Which Video Compression Package?

You *should* already have one ! Windows movie maker is capable of doing what you need.

http://www.louish.com/2008/12/Upload...os_to_YouTube/ There's a quick guide for saving and uploading a HD vid to youtube using it.

Comment

Hmm no I don't have movie maker. I am running Windows 7 and it's not included with this OS. There is a Windows DVD maker and I have downloaded Windows Live Movie Maker Beta but that software is very limited. You can merge clips together but thats pretty much it and it will only publish a DVD movie file or low res media device clip. There is a plug-in that published direct to YouTube but only in low quality.

I wan't a decent quality so the names can be read from the video.

Comment

So I filed a rep with EA using the report padders/cheaters thing. I know you'll say 'dude, chill out - it's only a game' but anyways it led to my WTF moment of the month.

EA's response after being given screenshots, server name and times and a link to the youtube vid of the 'incident'

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I understand that you wish to report few players for using exploits in the game. I am sorry to hear that you came across such an incident.

It might be possible that some of the game save files have been corrupted, due to which you are getting this error. I would recommend you to do a fresh installation of the game and un-install the existing game.

:laugh:

Next I will be told that the best defense against aimbotters is a thorough hard disk defrag :speechless:

Comment

haha, so no matter what people contact EA with they just say uninstall and reinstall, its the like classic reboot knee jerk reaction to any computer problem

Comment

Yeah - I can't imagine a real human being gave that answer as the solution is totally unrelated to the question. Someone started a topic in the 1943 thread about changing the payment model for BF games and this might address this problem.

With some revenue coming in they may go to the trouble of employing someone to actually manage the online experience of real players.

Anyways - click here for a mildly amusing 100 or so seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdLXpuO_Mh4

Comment

Working...
            X