Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lolyn @ 2142 Gameplay Movie

Yaaaaaaaaaay done.

If anything, making this reminded me how crap a game 2142 is to make a movie in. No 1st person demo recording means you miss moments you wish you'd captured, you likely suffer more lag whilst recording, and you capture ventrilo sounds etc so capturing matches is almost a no-no. Battlerecorder is le poop without a rewind function or some kind of timeline, blahblahblahblah... so having missed several silly moments, I'm just left feeling I could've made something better (after you've headshotted 2 players with 1 herzog shell and missed recording... GAAAAH).

Anywho, here's my last 2142 solo frag-movie (although I might make a clan-vid with a couple of players). Sniper, gunship and infantry, gunship footage is sped up mostly to 1.3x, sniper is on 1.5 public, infantry is on clanmod 3.02 (so generally speaking harder opponents who shoot back!). Did some colour edits although stopped short of adding too much variety since admittedly I got sick of staring at vegas. But hey, at least there's more than just camp gib this time

Youtube link - watch in HD or you are wasting your time : [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drpAj-n5FEo[/media]

And a fileplanet link - http://www.fileplanet.com/202405/200...o/LolyN-@-2142

Might add a wegame link shortly too.

But yeah, enjoy

Re: Lolyn @ 2142 Gameplay Movie

YES! That was epic!! watched the whole thing with a big smile on my face.

Just curious, how long did it took you to create this?

Comment

ill down it, youtube is crap for me on high quality(pc cant runXD), but in windows media player it hopefully works
      edit: 128 kbps ftwXD, you'll get your repley in 50 mins

Comment

Originally posted by sempf
        ill down it, youtube is crap for me on high quality(pc cant runXD), but in windows media player it hopefully works
        It should work no problem in Windows media player, since it's a wmv file.

@ energy - too long, must admit I got a bit tired of it by the end given how much of a headache fraps gives me. Apprx 3, maybe 4 weeks on and off though (given I've moved house in the middle of that ).

Glad you enjoyed.

Comment

Very nice editing

Comment

very nice video mate, but sometimes a bit over editted.

Comment

that was hands down, the best video i've ever seen. the intro, the fighting, the editing....the ending. omg i was literally lol during the credits. WOW. all i can say is WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by sempf
                very nice video mate, but sometimes a bit over editted.
                Yeah I kind of agree, sometimes it was a little too flashy... but nothings perfect

Comment

5/5

Making quality frag vids in bf2142 is really hard, but this one was really good..

Solid frags, good editing and a nice music score to go along with it..

The only thing that bugged me was the aspect ratio changed a few times...I assume that you used vegas. Make sure that you render at the same settings as your video properties, or unlock "maintain aspect ratio"...

Anyways still really good

Comment

you know what you have done,no need to repeat any comment, you set a new world record again on bf videos hehe

you know in the future i think the best action movies gona be maded from videogames,i would really like to watch something like i dunno jamesbond staring lolyn watching him on first person +directed and edited by himself gj man keep up...

the only thing ,that herzog is too funy weapon and so easy to you is getting boring,edit some clark maybe between the assault rifles nex time (moreshots too so maybe more show)heheh ^^
                    and nice unscoped kills ^_^

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree that at times I probably over-did the editing, but at the same time that was probably more towards the fact that with an 8 hour overall rendering time and after a couple of weeks (on/off) I just wanted to get it out of the way. But if I end up doing another one (and I might well do one more, since I have interest in making a clanvid with several players - so I don't have to record all the footage myself ) - then I'll have learned from it.

Momo - I did think about adding more weapons (especially support weapons), but since I wanted the infantry section to be 100% clanmod it would be tough to get anything worth showing with non-medic kit Btw, offtopic, but nice to see you joined BGW, very nice guys and great teamplayers ^^

Turdnugget - thanks for the tip, I actually did fix one or two more glaring errors re resolution earlier but next time I'll make sure I just record 100% in widescreen or ensure that the entirety of used footage is the same resolution And yeah, I TOTALLY agree, making a really decent 2142 movie is difficult (the stale map colours don't help, footage being mostly at range and of course you know about having to use fraps from the start/BR problems)...

And glad you enjoyed it that much moose ^^ I am getting a lot of good feedback and whilst making a long and worthwhile-watching movie is difficult, it does encourage me that people enjoy the end product.

Comment

those where mother****ing nice effect man! but the sniping/prone move was weak even its an essential part of you gamestyle.

Comment

yeah definitely best video out there very nice. the only thing i liked more about your first one was the music

Originally posted by wardogHk
                          but the sniping/prone move was weak even its an essential part of you gamestyle.
                          wut wut wut is this crap wutisDis

Comment

Whether you heed this advice or not, I care not :P YAY PUN!

For gunships, yes this is the only part of the video I m somewhat qualified to critique since I suck at everything you do well.

Try not to twitch as much in the gunship or I call it hiccup. When you hiccup you might suddenly lose the enemy gunship due to the sudden camera change which is an issue for my personally. Fly in third person more. When looping going up, stay in 3rd person to see him below you, change to first again when 3/4 way down.

[Re-checks Video]

Yeah I think that's all I can say.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                              Fly in third person more. When looping going up, stay in 3rd person to see him below you, change to first again when 3/4 way down..
                              Personally I think there should be no views available in the ships or vehicles. Breaks the realism slightly. You should only have the cockpit view - sure a chase camera as part of your hud but not the ability to 'magically' see your ship from behind.

Also one of the best 2142 videos I ever did saw. I liked the movie screens with the somesaulting troops in front of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X