Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not give us server side options to take out certain vehicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not give us server side options to take out certain vehicles?

Why not give us server side options to take out certain vehicles and leave the rest? Like say I want to run a server with no airplanes but leave the rest of the vehicles. Or I want to run a server that only has fast movers and tanks. What with BF2 seeing its last days coming up with the release of BF:BC2 and eventually BF3 I think this option would bring a whole lot of life back into the game.

Re: Why not give us server side options to take out certain vehicles?

I believe this wasn't done because it would destroy balance, as removing lets say Jets on a map like tampa, would make the armor too powerful, or vice versa. Which is why I believe they went with the all or nothing option as far as vehicles.

Deploy-able assets might solve this problem, but thats more of a mod thing than a server side option. It's a good concept though.

Comment

It was bad enough after about a year or two, certain maps just disappear from the rotations, can you imagine if the same happened to vehicles?

Comment

if your server is unranked you can easily remove vehicle spawns via a server side mod and even change a few settings of the current spawns, thou you can not add in new spawns.

Comment

Sorry I meant to add that I would like to see a server side option like this for ranked servers.

Comment

Originally posted by [7ID]B|SPC.JUNO{XX}[MI]
            I believe this wasn't done because it would destroy balance, as removing lets say Jets on a map like tampa, would make the armor too powerful, or vice versa. Which is why I believe they went with the all or nothing option as far as vehicles.

Deploy-able assets might solve this problem, but thats more of a mod thing than a server side option. It's a good concept though.

You obviously haven't played Tampa Much. An onslaught of armor is easy to take out with jihad jeeps and AT as well as Arty. Furthermore, using fast movers to cap flags on that map is easier and faster than any APC or tank. Ahhhhh, if only we could remove jets from the equation.

I do have to agree about the server side options. To strip an air map of air superiority would definitely change the dynamics of that map. i myself am not a fan of air whores so I think it would be a great option to have. Let the air whores go to air whore friendly servers.

Comment

Working...
            X