Bazookas and Grenades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bazookas and Grenades

Hey guys i wanted to get your opinions on the bazookas and grenades.

It seems like that whenever i fire a bazooka it doesn't register until it hits its target. I never see a trail from the bazooka, just an explosion when it hits a tank or jeep. This makes it very hard to aim, and i never get a sense of damage i am doing to vehicles. I am not sure if this is a lag issues or not.

Also, why do grenades have trails? I am pretty sure that grenades do not leave a smoke trail in real life, this makes me confused!!! When i throw them enemies can see them coming and run away. Also it seems like you throw the grenades a lot farther than you would in real life.

Ok thanks for any replies!

Re: Bazookas and Grenades

Originally posted by hammondoftexas2
    Hey guys i wanted to get your opinions on the bazookas and grenades.

It seems like that whenever i fire a bazooka it doesn't register until it hits its target. I never see a trail from the bazooka, just an explosion when it hits a tank or jeep. This makes it very hard to aim, and i never get a sense of damage i am doing to vehicles. I am not sure if this is a lag issues or not.
    My bazooka shot have trails so it might be lag, idk.

Originally posted by hammondoftexas2
    Also, why do grenades have trails? I am pretty sure that grenades do not leave a smoke trail in real life, this makes me confused!!! When i throw them enemies can see them coming and run away. Also it seems like you throw the grenades a lot farther than you would in real life.

Ok thanks for any replies!
    I agree with this and it makes the nades hard to use because I'm used to the COD4/W@W/BF2 nade trajectory but at least that and the damage the nade does (or lack there of) prevents nade spamming .

Comment

The Bazooka will go where you aim it, even if it is a little laggy.

I've especially noticed this when you are shooting at something really close up, you just hear a "woosh" and then the car explodes in front of you but you never actually see the bazooka fire... it's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
        I've especially noticed this when you are shooting at something really close up, you just hear a "woosh" and then the car explodes in front of you but you never actually see the bazooka fire... it's weird.
        Yup...I see a jeep coming towards me, point at it, hit Fire. Destroy Vehicle +10 shows up on the bottom of my screen along with the kill, followed by the car exploding half a second later, followed by the whoosh of the rocket. It's kinda funny to get points for the kill before the vehicle blows up, ruins the suspense a bit

Comment

Modern hand grenades don't have smoke trail, but I'm not sure about those used in WW2. Most hand grenades work like this: you pull the pin, then the striker hit something to burn a slowly burning fuze. Whether or not you have smoke trail depending on how the slowly burning fuze is made.

Comment

It might be a balance issue, to make it easier to see the grenade like in 2142. I'd prefer smokey nades over the CoD nade radar though.

Comment

Working...
            X