PS3 Mic Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Mic Problems

I was experiencing mic problems last night while playing with my friend. My mic or his would randomly cut out completely so I had no way of knowing wether he could hear me. Sometimes I could hear him but he wouldn't respond and vice versa. Once the mic cut out there was no way to reestablish a connection with the mics without rejoining the game. Its annoying having your mic / or someone elses cut out. Anyone else experiencing these problems. Maybe its just my mic, i have a Geotech PS3 Bluetooth headset (and so does he). We don't seem to have any probs outside of BF1943 or BC.

Re: PS3 Mic Problems

I tried to use my mic with Elxx and he couldnt hear me, but I turned it on mid match so that may be my problem idk. I have the official ps3 bluetooth headset. As I remember Bad company had issues with mics so Im not surprised that 1943 does either.

Comment

Yeah I was playing again yesterday and had the same problems. I just wasn't sure if it was my mic or not as I was thinking of getting the official one when I had a bit of spare cash. I knew about the Bad Company mic problems I just thought they might have sorted them out before releasing another game . Is anyone else having problems at all?

Comment

Today, both Manzi and I played with mics and there were issues galore. At first everything worked alright for about 3 rounds, then both of our mics went silent and we had to quit back to the main menu and reform our squad to get them to work again. After that point, we could only play one round before the mics would cut out again and we'd have to quit to the main menu. Near the end, the mics would work in the squad lobby screen but cut out 30 seconds after joining a game.

This is extremely frustrating, I can't believe DICE actually managed to make it worse than it was in Bad Company!

Comment

I am SOOOO!!! mad right now.. i am seething!!! i bought a new mic thinking my btooth was finally dead because I had such poor communication on 1943.................but NO!!!!!! it doesn't work either! sporadic! garbled! but 90% of the time!!!! it simply DOESN'T EVEN WORK!!!! WHAT A RIP! DICE IS A TOTAL POS FOR DOING THIS TO US! I DON'T CARE IF MANY GUYS DON'T HAVE MICS!!! THOSE OF US THAT DO COORDINATE ATTACKS AND OWN!!!! BECAUSE OF OUR COMMUNICATION ALA COD! THIS IS SUCH COMPLETE CRAP!!!! IT'S NOT YOUR MIC GUYS... DON'T BUY A NEW ONE THINKING THAT IT'S YOUR PROBLEM via your equipment!! CAUSE IT IS NOT!!! IT'S A FATAL DESIGN ERROR AND I WANT A GODDAM RFUND BECAUSE OF IT!!! THIS IS TOTAL BULL!!! IT'S THE BIGGEST FAIL SINCE FAIL WENT TO FAIL TOWN AND GOT A FAIL ROOM TO LAY DOWN IN WITH THE FAIL HOOKER! GRRRRRR!!!! now.... where the heck did i put my xanex.... breath.... breath... and .... dice...please? *begging with hands in prayer* FIX IT!!! I PAID FOR IT!!!!!1 WE ALL PAID FOR IT!!!! NOW GIVE US THE DAMN QUALITY! IT'S ONLY GODDAM BTOOTH/MIC SUPPORT!!!! ITS SO IMPORTANT!!! ULTIMATELY IMPORTANT LIKE IN THE TOP TWO NEEDS FOR A SUCCESSFUL MP GAME!!!! GAAAA!!!!!!! *cry*....

Comment

Originally posted by Au6ust
            I am SOOOO!!! mad right now.. i am seething!!! i bought a new mic thinking my btooth was finally dead because I had such poor communication on 1943.................but NO!!!!!! it doesn't work either! sporadic! garbled! but 90% of the time!!!! it simply DOESN'T EVEN WORK!!!! WHAT A RIP! DICE IS A TOTAL POS FOR DOING THIS TO US! I DON'T CARE IF MANY GUYS DON'T HAVE MICS!!! THOSE OF US THAT DO COORDINATE ATTACKS AND OWN!!!! BECAUSE OF OUR COMMUNICATION ALA COD! THIS IS SUCH COMPLETE CRAP!!!! IT'S NOT YOUR MIC GUYS... DON'T BUY A NEW ONE THINKING THAT IT'S YOUR PROBLEM via your equipment!! CAUSE IT IS NOT!!! IT'S A FATAL DESIGN ERROR AND I WANT A GODDAM RFUND BECAUSE OF IT!!! THIS IS TOTAL BULL!!! IT'S THE BIGGEST FAIL SINCE FAIL WENT TO FAIL TOWN AND GOT A FAIL ROOM TO LAY DOWN IN WITH THE FAIL HOOKER! GRRRRRR!!!! now.... where the heck did i put my xanex.... breath.... breath... and .... dice...please? *begging with hands in prayer* FIX IT!!! I PAID FOR IT!!!!!1 WE ALL PAID FOR IT!!!! NOW GIVE US THE DAMN QUALITY! IT'S ONLY GODDAM BTOOTH/MIC SUPPORT!!!! ITS SO IMPORTANT!!! ULTIMATELY IMPORTANT LIKE IN THE TOP TWO NEEDS FOR A SUCCESSFUL MP GAME!!!! GAAAA!!!!!!! *cry*....
            CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!

On a serious note I can understand your pain. The worrying thing is that if they haven't fixed it for this game then it is likely to be present in BC2 as it uses an upgraded version of the same engine. Part of the battlefield experience for me (on the PC anyway) has been about forming a squad with friends/random people and completing objectives with teamwork. This is made a whole lot easier with the ability to communicate in game. This game gives us a improved (tho still problematic) squad system with the same poor coms system from BC2. This tends to spoil the whole Battlefield experience for me, at least on consoles anyway and I think puts the more hardcore gamers off who aren't regular Battlefield players from playing the game in the first place.

Comment

LMAO! yeah! the caps is me being serious.. not cool... cause I do that innately. haha! But man.. here's the deal.. I've been playing BF since 1942 on the PC. and I was a graphics whore / PC gaming rig guru from WAY BACK... typing this on my gaming rig currently... I played BF vietnam for three years.. after everybody else moved on... and on that game... honestly... we used our home phones and speaker phones then.. because we felt the PC tech simply hadn't gotten up to par.... even with the NEW advent of ventrilo (sic) and things of that nature, at that point in history. and I am very used to playing with no communication.. i can do it and do it well and admirably always have top rank kill... blah..blah.. blah.. but thats just me going off on guys and using single player techniques... i don't want that.. i want to play with my friends and coordinate attacks... i.e. multiplayer..... TODAY I have moved to consoles... well.. only since the ps3... (most) of my friends still cling to the mouse and keyboard.. thinking they can't adapt to the controller... and I am the advocate in my circle to the otherwise. I love consoles... MP has never been more fair.. even with "glitchers" etc.. (I can handle a glitcher)... no prob... that's child play compared to the hackers on let say... oh... wolfenstein enemy territory (remember that?) but... yeah... i'm hoping that my complaints are only one of the multitude that swarm to the dice email support inbox... that happening... would please me... just to be part of the movement speaking out about this huge glaring pimple on the check of a otherwise amazing and promising game... i love bad company... the frostbite engine they built from the ground up! outstanding! and I applaud it!!! very, very much... however... my current compatriots on the consoles... who all play MP games like this... we work together like a well oiled machine... and it's only because of our ability to communicate... which is my only primary frustration actually.. beyond the weird squad invite and join "thing" that 1943 has... that's really annoying.. but can be worked around. here's hoping the com thing gets addressed first and foremost.... thanks for your ear... it means alot to me. Thanks.
              A.

Comment

Originally posted by Au6ust
                here's hoping the com thing gets addressed first and foremost.....
                Well as Elxx said earlier it looks like its the same bug as the one that was in Bad Company so if they haven't fixed it by now either they don't know what is causing the problem or its not that high a priority. Hopefully they are working on the problem.

I never really started using VOIP until BF2142 when I started playing on the Band of Brothers servers. Some good guys on there. Its crazy to think you used phones before VOIP was available in games but a clever solution none the less.

Oh and welcome to the community. :salute:

Comment

as I remember they dont have bluetooth headsets in Sweden so Stonecold from our forums in Finland had to send them his during the Bad Company development so they could test it.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
                    as I remember they dont have bluetooth headsets in Sweden so Stonecold from our forums in Finland had to send them his during the Bad Company development so they could test it.
                    Lol yeah I forgot about that. Thats hilarious to think that a big software company can't get hold of a bluetooth headset and so asks one of their fans to send them one. Wonder where he's gone anyway, haven't seen him around in a while.

But yeah I don't think thats a very good excuse for not sorting out the mic problems. You think with their money they would be able to import one or at least send someone to a neighbouring country to buy some. :shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenMachine
                      Wonder where he's gone anyway, haven't seen him around in a while.
                      He was on PSN couple of days ago playing the Trial of 1943.. I killed him a few times and we kept slamming into one another in the planes.

Comment

Working...
                      X