Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't more pc games include an in game friends list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't more pc games include an in game friends list?

I think this should be include in all pc online multiplayer games from now on. I know console games can do it so why not pc games? BF2142 made good use of a friends list. Combat Arms even had a friends list and it was free. ARMA 2 seems to need one. I also hope BF1943 when it comes out for the pc will include a in game friends list.

Edit: And I am not talking about using Xfire either. Most of my friends don't use it. I am talking about a built in firends list for the games.

Re: Why don't more pc games include an in game friends list?

Because most PC games are rushed out 6 months before they are ready. So they have to cut some non-essential features, like friend list (and testing for bugs)

Console games doesn't necessarily have much better planning, but they are often built on an existing framework that makes it easier to include friend list from day one, like Xbox live.

Comment

I use steam, i add my non-steam games with my steam games and all i do is press shift+tab and voila i can chat with my friends.

Comment

Because most PC games are rushed out 6 months before they are ready. So they have to cut some non-essential features, like friend list (and testing for bugs)
        This.

I think the cause of the rush is the economy and consumer demand. With everybody going "Oh lawd i needs my sequel" and with the companies going "Oh lawd i needs my moneys", its a recipe for disaster. BF2142 is the only game that i have effectivly used the friends list if you dont count MMORPGs.

Comment

i just use xfire (which has of late had issues)....or steam (and always has had issues).

I liked the 2142 system, but that game was riddled with problems. I'd just prefer the game to actually run well.

Comment

Originally posted by TGL|FalseLion
            i just use xfire (which has of late had issues)....or steam (and always has had issues).

I liked the 2142 system, but that game was riddled with problems. I'd just prefer the game to actually run well.
            The only thing that i noticed that was absolutely riddled with problems was the PB, which was an easy fix. So idk, now i just open everything in steam or in windowed mode.

Comment

Xfire, Steam. We dont really need an in game list.

Comment

STEAM... STEAM it's what its there for.

Comment

^ seconded.

Comment

Its because of infrastructure. Consoles were designed for friends list and the games ride on that infrastructure that Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo put in place. For PC, you have to build it for each game.

Xfire/Steam, that is their infrastructure, not the games.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                    X