kdr vs spm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kdr vs spm

i know it doesn't mean anything but i noticed my kdr and spm is exactly same!
    which one is higher for you guys and which one should be? quite odd that it's exactly same for me, though i think generally spm is easier to keep higher.

Re: kdr vs spm

Well it really depends on how good you are. I think KDR should be higher, as its easier to stay alive more often then it is to get butt loads of points. Because no matter how big or small the server is you can keep a good KD. But if its a big map and not many players, your SPM could suffer.

Comment

i say it's the other way around. it takes skill to stay alive but you can get butt loads of pts doing stupid things like resupplying spammers and EMPing stuff for pts. especially if you play titan a lot when titan attack/defend pts begin to pile up.

Comment

haha that was really odd, exactly the same number of points and KDR. Id say KDR by far. When I see someone with bunch of points with same amount of kills/death I dont consider him good. Sure Every one has its bad rounds, but you can also see it in his game play (ie: when you kill the top players of the opposite team 4 times the same way.) This is one of the reason I like titan servers better, it requires more strategic/thinking IMO, creating more ambushing/sneaking options and that is where I define tactical skillz, by not dying often and being very effective. Also getting a good KDR in titan is harder since there is less medics running around to revive you. Most of the time im always on my own.

End of the line SPM are just a bonus to KDR.

Comment

Funny, since you ask, same here: 2.28/2.29 ...

Comment

Mine are close by my SPM is better

Comment

My K/D is better, both on my main profile (3.43) and other profiles (from around 3 to 18.75... lol) - I just find it much easier to maintain higher K/D's with the way I play, which is either medic with some mates, or gunship.

SPM really depends on what you're doing and on what servers. Since I like to play both titan and infantry, my spm varies from around 1.5 on a slow titan gunship round on small servers late night, to 3-5spm on populated camp gib servers. So my main profile spm is 2.6 something. New characters vary from 3-4 since I generally only play infantry on new profiles, as the cheat accusations for "new" players doing well make me lol. The only time I've had a ridiculous overall SPM was when I once made a new profile when the stat's weren't updating... played a couple of hours over a few days and when the stats finally came through my SPM was 200+ since the time never logged, but the points did. Played a few more hours and that of course, reduced drastically.

It's all too easy to "pad" or deliberately adjust your playstyle to increase certain stats though, KDR and SPM included, so I don't generally play too much attention to them anymore (that and, with the amount I've played they don't change much :P).

Comment

LOL, My SPM is significantly lower than my KDR (1.54 vs. 2.74), largely due to how much time I've spent on Tampa Conquest. As a tank whore, a lot of my time is spent scouting targets and going up against walkers and gunships which doesn't yield a great deal of points or SPM, certainly nothing compared to 24/7 medic on city maps.

Comment

yeah, i do a lot of commanding and when my team sucks i end up with a horrendous SPM even though i am killing a lot of guys. i guess it evens out with the times my team wins and i get x2 pts though.

and yeah, its true that these stats don't mean anything much when you consider different roles, different maps/modes. i used to play exclusively engineer when i started and all i would do is concentrate on taking down vehicles. you can easily double, triple, quadruple that score by playing assault on camp G. i've since tried to balance things out and now stand with nearly equal kdr and spm. these days i find more fun in the game trying to stay alive and snipe, so naturally, my kdr will rise and my spm will dip. the only teamwork score i get out of sniping is for kill damage assist so my score is usually around 1/min or even below that.

Comment

My KDR is higher due to flying gunship, PPM is lower due to not finding a target while flying the gunship lol.

Comment

bah my spm dropped a bit after being the commander of several losing teams. it sucks when i don't get the 2x.

Comment

My KDR is higher due to flying gunship, PPM is lower due to not finding a target while flying the gunship lol.
                        Bah..my kdr with the gunship is 0.02 :dead: :shock: I utterly suck with the heli's and can only look in awe to these l33t pilots :salute:

Now, at the other hand my knife kdr is 20.7

Comment

i notice a lack of awesome cat in this forum... it is disturbing...

Comment

Originally posted by l33tfodder
                            Bah..my kdr with the gunship is 0.02 :dead: :shock: I utterly suck with the heli's and can only look in awe to these l33t pilots :salute:

Now, at the other hand my knife kdr is 20.7
                            I use to be a decent helicopter pilot and jet pilot back in BF2 and BF1942, so it just comes with me to 2142.

I absolutely stink with the knife, i miss even when stabbing others in the back.

To make matters worse, I get backstabbed when I try to stab someone.

My PPM is bad since most of the time when the Titan shields are down, not many people are outside of the titan. I will be spending next 10 minutes flying around looking for targets without my teammates calling them out for me.

Comment

It depends.

If you have mates to back you up then getting a good KDR is easy enough; if you're a lone wolf with completely unreliable squad mates then it gets a lot tougher. This is especially true if you're on the losing team and don't quickly join the winning team (gotta hate the ego trippers who swap sides creating completely unbalanced teams in terms of experience).

I get revived perhaps once every 10 hours play time, doesn't bother me too much, but considering my KDR is now 3.4 (~500hrs playtime), I wonder what it would be had I bothered to find a decent clan to join.

Comment

Working...
                              X