Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid CD Key Help?

Hey guys.

I know there is already a thread on this, but all I can see is "LOL OWNED " which is kind of annoying.

Well I installed BF2142 with my disc and I used my friends CD Key because I thought it would work. It evidently said when I tried to login "This CD Key is being used on another PC"

I then went off and un-installed BF2142 and then bought the Deluxe Package from EA Games. I downloaded it and when I went to create and account, it said "Invalid CD Key" even though it sent alot of emails to my Email Address. I tried to login with my friends account "Invalid CD Key".

I then went off and googled this issue and I did all the steps EA told me, still having the same issue. I did the whole Regedit thing and it still does not work, could someone please tell me whats going on?

I also installed it again. Still didn't work.

-DT

Re: Invalid CD Key Help?

that key must be tied to another account.

Comment

It's not...I purchased it from EA Games the website. I downloaded BF2142. There is a thread "Invalid CD Key Fix" but it's been screwed with.

Comment

For Battlefield 2142 DVD edition, follow the steps below:
        I had this problem a while back so here you go =P
        No CD-Key error, FIX-

1. Double-click the My Computer icon.
        2. Double-click the drive C:.
        3. Double-click Programs Files.
        4. Double-click Electronic Arts.
        5. Double-click Battlefield 2142.
        6. Double-click to open Support.
        7. Double-click on the Battlefield 2142_code.exe file.
        8. Input your Battlefield 2142 Registration Code.
        Note: If you are not prompted to enter your code, skip to step 11.
        9. Click Next.
        10. Close My Computer.
        11. Click on the Start button.
        12. Click on Run.
        13. Type regedit in the text field.

Warning: Changes to the registry can cause your computer to operate improperly, so please follow these instructions exactly as they are written.

Follow these steps to back-up the registry so that should something go wrong, you can restore your system back to a working state:
        14. Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar.
        15. Select Run.
        16. Type regedit into the available text field and press OK.
        17. If you are using Windows 2000/XP/Vista, click on File, and select Export. Note: If you are using Windows 95/98/ME, click on Registry
        18. Then select Export Registry.
        19. Select All under Export Range.
        20. Type backup into the File name field, and click Save.
        21. Click the plus (+) sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
        22. Click the plus (+) sign next to Software.
        23. Click the plus (+) sign next to Electronic Arts.
        24. Click the plus (+) sign next to EA Games.
        25. Click the plus (+) sign next to Battlefield 2142.
        26. Click on the ergc. On the right panel screen, double click on default.
        27. You should see a code under Value Data.
        28. Enter x9392 at left most part of the code. (eg. x9392DH34DF78WE35BV78AS69)
        29. Click OK.

You may now start playing the game online.

Comment

Thanks for trying to help: |

"I then went off and googled this issue and I did all the steps EA told me, still having the same issue. I did the whole Regedit thing and it still does not work, could someone please tell me whats going on?" I already tried this and it doesn't work. Hasn't worked for 4000 people.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Tomato
            Thanks for trying to help: |

"I then went off and googled this issue and I did all the steps EA told me, still having the same issue. I did the whole Regedit thing and it still does not work, could someone please tell me whats going on?" I already tried this and it doesn't work. Hasn't worked for 4000 people.
            So you bought it off of EA yeah? I would think that the regedit process might be a little bit different, anyways I suggest you try YourUninstaller 2009, it uninstalls a program COMPLETLEY leaving nothing behind, hape that helps.

Comment

Doing a search on the EA support page works...

Comment

Had the same problem.
                So i just went and bought another copy (2142 is on sale right now) and installed it without any problem.
                Just to confirm that the first game had wrong CD-key i tried to install it on another computer and to my surprise the CD-key works! So now i have three copys installed on three computers back home.

Comment

Working...
                X