how do you destroy IPS shield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you destroy IPS shield?

aren't you supposed to shoot the center vertical line?

Re: how do you destroy IPS shield?

what is that? no really, I hardly ever see those things.

Comment

I was just about to say that you're supposed to shoot the larger square thing at the bottom but that doesn't make much sense really.

I'd like some clarification on this too

Comment

Try and shot the "Small box"... that is whatever EA tips says. Every time I tried I never was able to. And The only good places you can really use this "to bright piece of shiat" are in titan corridors or to glich with sentry guns.

Comment

That thing is useless, it provides no real cover, a rocket or grenade over your head and you are dead. Sure you can try and run but you are prone behind that stupid thing.

Comment

naw i came across 2 guys as support using them together hiding behind it, using one to cover the front and one to cover the side. it was quite effective as i couldn't hit them proned behind em. pissed me off because i couldn't get rid of the damn thing.

they should really change the color on those things though. it gets attention too easily.

Comment

I believe this was asked before and i showed a picture in the editor of the ips shield with its collision mesh *bullet vs the shield*

the colours would resemble its weak spot etc.

now this is something that suprises me because i would expect to see the titan shield material on the big part and just metal on the box.

Comment

so the black box in the bottom? colors are just lines in that pic.

Comment

Off topic, but yesterday I was playing TBG mix titan And the enemy where boarding and camping the top of our titan. I found a really effective way to use the IPS. Spawn in hangar, before poding out in the back ramp of titan equip your IDS so you can deploy it when you land, Take your GANZ and shot them by the side edges. Got 6-10 kills every time I did it. For some reason there was no pk-rockets.
                  hes a small pic if you dint understand.
                  just wanted to share a little tough.
                  [media]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3591/ipsstrat.jpg[/media]

Comment

lol i place it there all the time, in some spots the ids will merge with the main mesh so its practically invisible

Comment

it'd be awesome if they gave you more than one so that you can setup a perimeter around yourself.

Comment

see dtneters mod, it is awesome(and awesomely overpowered)

Comment

Yes, you shoot the box at the base of the shield to disable it. The Bauer takes a couple of rounds but the Pilum can start it to sparking with one shot. In a few seconds it will blow-up if it didn't already on impact.

Comment

the best usage i've gotten out of the shield is during titan assault, when the core room is left and there are defenders camping the core room. i just set up my shield just at the top of the ramp, then i prone behind the shield and just keep tossing grenades into the core room.

sometimes i use it doing the reverse titan corridor nade spam. i get in the corridor, setup my sentry and shield facing the other way and try to spam the defenders coming down. i don't do it anymore, but i've done it before trying to get titan attack gold badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                              the best usage i've gotten out of the shield is during titan assault, when the core room is left and there are defenders camping the core room. i just set up my shield just at the top of the ramp, then i prone behind the shield and just keep tossing grenades into the core room.

sometimes i use it doing the reverse titan corridor nade spam. i get in the corridor, setup my sentry and shield facing the other way and try to spam the defenders coming down. i don't do it anymore, but i've done it before trying to get titan attack gold badge.
                              If theres 2 things I never did in 2142 is nade spam and RDX hopping. Its just to easy to do and I hate it so mutch. But thats not the point. LIke you I also used the IPS shield To attack corridors (mostly when there is no nade spamers.) Its pretty effective with a sniper rifle, you can also get 15 easy kill with a well place IPS near your console while defending ( again with ganz or LMG ) I like the IPS but your options with it on the field is so minimized that it makes it just useless.

Comment

Working...
                              X