weapons locking up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weapons locking up

I have been chasing this problem for a while and can't seem to find the culprit.

When I play online, if I scroll up to change a weapon, it will sometimes switch to that wepon and start firing. I can not get it to stop firing. It will reload and keep firing. Sometimes I can get it out of this loop and switch to another weapon. Then sometimes when I select a diffrenent weapon, it wont even change.

I have been playing this game ever since it was released and have recently had this problem, but only intermitantly. Now it does it every time I get online to play.

I had the cable guy come out to check my lines and they are good. Also, my ping is always less than or close to 50 which is pretty low.

I can't figure out if it is an internet connection problem, or a problem with the game, or my os.?

Does anyone else experience this weapon lock up issue?

Re: weapons locking up

Any chance its the mouse? Have you tried using a different mouse?

Comment

if it aint the mouse, try using esc to get to the menu. in a previous patch(1.4 and lower) if you were shooting, and pressed escape, you would keep on shooting(with knife swinging) till you entered menu again. maybe this has something to do with something.

Comment

yea, I tried testing the mouse. Not only does the weapon lock up by the mouse, but also the keyboard. Even in game when you select your weapon load out and squads, if you click on a button, it will not work. A lot of times you have to click on it 2 or 3 times for it to register. Its just strange, I can go into a game and click on the fire button about 3 or 4 times and it will just lock up and continue firing and reloading forever until I start pushing more buttons to get it out of this loop. I've played with buddies that have had the same lockup before, but now it is doing it every time I play online.

pressing escape doesn't help. besides, I'm using 1.5 and have not had any problems till recently.

Comment

Nothing similar to this happens when playing other games? Or you happen to double click on files in the explorer when you didn't want to etc

Comment

Well, I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but it is gone now. I deleted the cache files and rebooted. That's it!

Comment

I spoke too soon. That isn't the fix. This seems to be an intermitant problem. Gonna try a fresh install of XP and see if that fixes it.

Comment

Working...
              X