I Dont Understand....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Dont Understand....

It just doesnt make sense, why in the world would EA make this kinda of announcement/slipup right now is beyond me.

E3 just freakin ended,dont you think that BF3 would be somthing they would highlight at E3? If it supposedly "looks great" then there must be some kind of playable base to apply that comment to. If anything I would say taht they just recently started DEV-ing BF3(in the past I bet my yearly salary that it was already in Dev stages, so my wife is really gunna be pissed).

For a game studio or publisher to start hype about a game is one thing, but to miss a golden opp like E3 to show it off only tells me that this is a recent develoment, and taht they have really nothing to show off atm. i think.....

Im totally confused right now by the timing of this......WHY???? The annoncement needs to be made yes, but the timing seems to be piss-poor IMHO.

Re: I Dont Understand....

I don't think they meant to. I think some corporate big-wig made a bit of a slip and thus, they had to confirm it

Comment

Originally posted by [TTC/TW/21CW]Shoxie
      It just doesnt make sense, why in the world would EA make this kinda of announcement/slipup right now is beyond me.

E3 just freakin ended,dont you think that BF3 would be somthing they would highlight at E3? If it supposedly "looks great" then there must be some kind of playable base to apply that comment to. If anything I would say taht they just recently started DEV-ing BF3(in the past I bet my yearly salary that it was already in Dev stages, so my wife is really gunna be pissed).

For a game studio or publisher to start hype about a game is one thing, but to miss a golden opp like E3 to show it off only tells me that this is a recent develoment, and taht they have really nothing to show off atm. i think.....

Im totally confused right now by the timing of this......WHY???? The annoncement needs to be made yes, but the timing seems to be piss-poor IMHO.
      E3 is a console based event.

Battlefield 3 is a PC game.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwing
        E3 is a console based event.

Battlefield 3 is a PC game.
        Not necessarily. Whilst I can't be sure, I wouldn't be surprised to see it on consoles as well

Comment

Originally posted by [TTC/TW/21CW]Shoxie

They werent supposed to confirm it. EA Screwed up (Big shocker) and let the cat out of the bag a year or so too early, dice was then stuck in a 400 mile deep hole with no way out but to confirm that they are indeed making it. Dice had no intention of announcing Battlefield 3 this year, the timing was not their choice.

Comment

If this is truly the case I wonder how pissed DICE is about the "slipup". Now that I think about it it might have been planned, EA has a history of letting "slipups" happen to increase the hype about an upcoming product. Its entirely possible.....I still jsut dont understand.

Comment

I am thinking they wanted it to be an announcement, few weeks later a release. To stop hype and disappointment as much as possible. But that idiot who showed the G4TV dude BF3 let it slip.

Comment

I'm guessing they wanted to save it for next E3.

Comment

It certainly doesn't seem accidental to me.

Comment

I have a feeling they were throwing a bone out to all those that feel that the entire BF franchise is going the wrong direction.

Comment

They haven't given us any valuable information. Basically BF boards are going crazy everywhere, and all they've really said is that it is being made. This is getting tons of hype, and basically nothing that wasn't already speculated has been said.

Comment

So technically BF3 isn't confirmed for consles, at the moment ? I'm hoping the buisness wont even take a second to permit this game into the consle gaming generation

Comment

It's not confirmed on PC either. In fact it's being developed for the mobile phones market only.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMACD
                            It's not confirmed on PC either. In fact it's being developed for the mobile phones market only.
                            though, I know you are joking, I wouldn't be surprised if by the time this title does get released, phones will have the power of a laptop from 3 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X