No announcement yet.

What will you want for your unlocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What will you want for your unlocks?

i doubt they will go back to the BF2 system where it took forever to unlock everything. i think this was part of the reason why so many people were upset and reluctant when they released 2142. they felt they still had a lot to play for and it was a slap in the face. i was looking at some of the achievements in BF2 and they are just impossibly difficult to get. in the end, they want people to buy games more frequently. so they probably won't go back to the insane BF2 model.
    Agreed, although the long time to unlock stuff is less important to me than everyone getting stuff at the same time. I really dislike the idea of not having an equal choice of weapons as the guy im fighting. But yeah i dont like waiting forever either. So i hope they dont go back to a BF2 model also.

edit: And i would much rather have games that they support for several years, then a new game every year. Even if they charge more money for them to do it that way. Or sell an expansion every year or so. Just advetise that upfront. Because the more they try to consolize PC gaming, the more i lose interest in gaming. I dont want a cheap quickly spit out game every year.

Comment

I want to have unlocks similar to battlefield 2142, I liked the idea of working your way up to the top unlock, I think for instance medics/assasult (this class should be meshed together like in 2142) should have to EARN the shock paddles/med pack. )(If the rank system is like bf2142 you can easily get to the third rank in 2-3 games if your a veteran bf player.)

I want to be able to pick from a wide variety of weapons/set ups, medics should be combined with assault and you should pick if you want the frag launcher, or if you want the smoke nades or the shock paddles.

And for actual weapons there should be REAL choices, like a ton of weapons!
      for instance theres tons of united states allied weapons we probably will NOT see in battlefield 3 like the famas, the AUG A1, the M4, etc you should be able to literally pick from 5-10 different assault riflles.

Same thing with pistols why can't we get the deagle in this game?

Comment

Originally posted by Jam3s121
        And for actual weapons there should be REAL choices, like a ton of weapons!
        for instance theres tons of united states allied weapons we probably will NOT see in battlefield 3 like the famas, the AUG A1, the M4, etc you should be able to literally pick from 5-10 different assault riflles.

Same thing with pistols why can't we get the deagle in this game?
        The two bolded items are a contradiction, lol. The military doesn't use the Desert Eagle.

Comment

I like the idea of a BF2142 number and speed of unlocks and ranks, but instead of mostly gadgets and only 8 guns, all different guns for the different kits. I'd like to see at least 4 alternate weapons for each kit (plus pistols and AT/AA weapons), but keep stock weapons unique to their armies so it's not like CoD4 where everyone runs around with the same set of guns.

Originally posted by yeoldehomer
          The two bolded items are a contradiction, lol. The military doesn't use the Desert Eagle.
          Not really, the deagle is still a real weapon. The military doesn't use half the stuff in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
            Not really, the deagle is still a real weapon. The military doesn't use half the stuff in BF2.
            It's way more than half. All of the standard kits use weapons deployed by the military (at least when the game was developed), and the same goes for quite a few of the unlocks.

The Deagle is ridiculous though, even if the weapons in BF2 aren't actually used by the military... it makes sense to have them on a battlefield. No one uses .50 caliber pistols in the military.

Comment

The Desert Eagle is a .50 Cal semi-automatic handgun, so it is, by definition, completely worthless. I own one. It costs $1.25 a shot and kicks like a mule every time. Completely worthless as a sidearm. But as a conversation piece...

(But seriously, a .45 Glock / 1911 is the perfect sidearm)

Comment

Id like to see the weapon system done like Joint Ops actually. That had a perfect setup in my opinion, where you could go back and change your loadout if the situation required it, with perhaps set classes if you want to be lazy, but total customization overall.

Comment

The Desert Eagle isn't even an American weapon. It was invented and first made in Israel, but production got moved to Maine in the end.

Comment

No, It was designed in america by Magnum research originally in 357. and 44., then production moved to Israel where it was perfected, made in 50.AE as well, moved production to the U.S, then moved back to israel.

Comment

Yea, but it went through revisions, I thought .50 was designed in Israel, at least that's what I understood?

Comment

the .50 Action express bullet was made by someone that's country of origin is not stated on wikipedia, but he sounds american. The desert Eagle was chambered in .50 AE in the late 80's-mid 90's so It probably was IMI/IWI (Israeli Military/weapon Industires) that chambered it for that round.

Comment

please no freakin desert eagle, I love CSS etc but god dam that gun is annoying

Comment

Hand held minigun would be badass.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adcannon
                              Hand held minigun would be badass.
                              That would be silly.

Dual wielding miniguns on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                                please no freakin desert eagle, I love CSS etc but god dam that gun is annoying
                                Im on the boat for the no-desert eagle campaign.

Comment

Working...
                                X