No announcement yet.

What will you want for your unlocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What will you want for your unlocks?

What do I want for unlocks?

NO UNLOCKS.

In my opinion you can ditch the whole useless ranking system and make it BF1942 style. Putting in a ranking system is just admitting that the game sucks and cannot be fun without stupid stats.

Comment

I hate unlocks too. I never thought of it without them :/ I'd rather just have every weapon and attachment or w/e right when I start the game. I could care less if there are ranks or rewards, I think people do like them.

Comment

However can you honestly say that BF2 would still be going strong 4 years on if it wasnt for persistent stats?

Comment

nah people like the idea of persistent stat tracking and unlocks too much and to be fair it does add longevity to the game and a closer attachment

as long as the requirements aren't too stupid or the system simply expansive enough to cover a lot of things I don't have a problem with it

2142's unlock system was better than BF2s in the sense you had squad unlocks and more than just guns, but then it failed a bit because you had to unlock RDX or C4 lol

Comment

I know lots of people who dislike unlocks, atleast as they are in bf2. Infact i would love to see a poll on that question. Its certainly not as few people as you make out.

Im not against new content that adds longevity. I just dont like the current unlock system. I dont like uneven distribution, everyone should get an unlock at the same time. Even if they had a series of patches that adds stuff for everyone, every year or so. Anything is better then the current system!

Same with stats, as much as i like them myself, i see the bad behaviour they cause. Farming, padding, etc, etc. I want a different stats system that produces good ingame behaviour, by requiring tasks that are for the team good. Like wins, and teamwork stuff. Make winning important every match, by having no stats for the losers. Then stats are good, instead of bad. That would get people out there fighting to win.

Comment

Laser sword with decapitation animation ...and before the head fades, you can pick it up and throw it at the enemy to intimidate them.

Comment

i hate unlocks too. especially if it takes forever to rank up. i've been trying to level up in BF2 and it takes forever and i never got to unlock the cool guns. got fed up and just stopped playing.

Comment

I prefer BF2's unlock system to 2142's. Ideally, BF2 unlocks would only be sidegrades, equally effective as the stock equipment. In 2142 you have to unlock basic equipment like defibs and grenades, and once you unlock them they're only a upgrade, there's no disadvantage to equipping them.

Comment

yea but in the time it takes to unlock all thos goodies in 2142, you get like 1 unlock in bf2 it seems like. the quicker it takes to get on even ground with the others the better it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      yea but in the time it takes to unlock all thos goodies in 2142, you get like 1 unlock in bf2 it seems like. the quicker it takes to get on even ground with the others the better it is.
                      Even ground? In BF2 you have everything necessary for proper gameplay already available to everyone.

Comment

indeed

I think the 2142 system would be good to have but it can't be nades and C4 again, that was pretty crap, that said it might be hard finding items etc to give to each class; higher quality scopes or something

Comment

The 2142 system doesnt work for lan play at internet cafes. I was playing it with my brother once and we were annoyed we couldnt revive because the accounts were offline and we couldnt have any basic equipment like defibrillators. A system like BF2 would be better as its more "lan friendly". COD4 isnt even lan friendly except for the fact it has modwarfare.

Comment

I prefer unlocks that unlock as fast as possible, if you're gonna have unlocks at all. I would prefer no unlocking at all, just give em out. And calling them sidegrades isnt an excuse for uneven gameplay. I want all the same choices as everyone else, at the same time, or im not liking it.

I hate having to spend a bunch of time grinding to unlock everything. The unlock system of BF2 is one of the reason i dont play that game much. I still havent unlocked everything and i find that really annoying. Btw some of the BF2 unlocks are alot better.. Its one of the smaller reasons, but a reason none the less.

I love new content. Infact i would much rather have a steady stream of new guns and toys added over time for everyone to use, then one batch of unlocks. I get no joy from unlocking stuff. This type of thing could never give me a sense of accomplishment either. Because you dont actually accomplish anything. All it does is make you wait, based on time played, and a bunch of mostly self serving tasks to do, that create some bad ingame behaviours. Like stat-padding and so on..

Ive seen far more bad then good from most stat systems and unlocks. Infact its almost all bad.

The only unlock system that seems ok is the universal unlock thing like whats in bf1943. Where the whole playerbase unlocks something, and the whole playerbase recieves it together at the same time. Now thats an OK unlock system.

edit: They could keep the stat system thing and time played stuff for badges and awards, stuff that dont really effect gameplay. Even the ranks thing is good. Just seperate the weapons from all this. Thats the part i dont like about it.

Comment

i doubt they will go back to the BF2 system where it took forever to unlock everything. i think this was part of the reason why so many people were upset and reluctant when they released 2142. they felt they still had a lot to play for and it was a slap in the face. i was looking at some of the achievements in BF2 and they are just impossibly difficult to get. in the end, they want people to buy games more frequently. so they probably won't go back to the insane BF2 model.

Comment

I think the unlocks should be distributed evenly. It should not take too long nor it should be too fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X