No announcement yet.

What will you want for your unlocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What will you want for your unlocks?

I wouldnt mind having gadgets if they were useful. Like someone mentioned, BF:SF stuff to unlock would be good. Accessories for your weapons would be good too.

If they are thinking of adding a lot of stuff, then I would also want a fast rank up like 2142 and not BF2 style. That will help when your account gets spoofed and you are reset or the noobs find an exploit and rank up lightning fast.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

What BF2142 stats were horrible, any noob could reach last rank in 2 weeks. That would be fail... The reason BF2 is more popular then 2142 is its long lasting ranking system, who cares about those who get spoofed start over, as I did. If the only thing you play for is rank and stats, then I don't know why you bother.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
        What BF2142 stats were horrible, any noob could reach last rank in 2 weeks. That would be fail... The reason BF2 is more popular then 2142 is its long lasting ranking system, who cares about those who get spoofed start over, as I did. If the only thing you play for is rank and stats, then I don't know why you bother.

There are so many things that make BF2 more popular than 2142. It's not the stats.

Comment

Personely I think Dice really nailed it with 2142, okay there are a fair share of useless unlocks but who cares, the rest makes up for them and you have enought counter measures.

As long as it balanced it's fine with me.

The more weapons the better, and I kind of liked that idea to change your appearance ingame, different uniform styles for example the Squadleader and the Commander.

Comment

There should be a dual-wield unlock.

Comment

Originally posted by Forces(UK)
              There should be a dual-wield unlock.

But then you wouldn't have any hands left to pull up your fly! :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                Maybe that's just another way of showing he's truly ready for action...any kind of action.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                  Yes. Longetivity is key. What is the point in allowing every player to be ranked as five star after one year of only occasional playing? BF2 has a greater draw knowing that even in year four, every match you play is still advancing your rank. I would rather have diverse leaderboards that truly distinguish the dedicated player from the occasional even in its fifth year. A good middle ground, would be to have more ranks in-between and an unlock for each rank, with the overal length being just as long, if not longer than BF2. So the experience would be constantly rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                    Yeah but who will dare point it out to you? :laugh:

Comment

I think you should unlock new weapons by rank and then unlock modifications for the weapons by using the weapon.

Kind of like CoD but not have the same unlocks for each class of weapons, add some variety.

Comment

Attachment options like silencers/optics would be fun. Do NOT want perks unlocked in the Battlefield series.

Like MrChrisCJ idea of pins for achievements. Think this would be a better way to base attachment unlocks that just on ranks. Would allow for better player customization by allowing a player to focus on how they like to play and earn awards. Also like his idea of the advantages and drawbacks to maintain balance. That’s most important. If something causes balance issues, then I’d rather have balance than more cool options.

Also, KRISS submachinegun please.

Comment

I think a cool unlock would be "Super Bunny Hop" And u get to bunnyhop for an unlimited amount of time by just holding down the space bar.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
                            I think a cool unlock would be "Super Bunny Hop" And u get to bunnyhop for an unlimited amount of time by just holding down the space bar.
                            Two words: Moon Shoes

Comment

I dont like having to unlock stuff, infact i hate it. I love extra weapons and customizing my kit, its the unlocking stuff over-time that sucks.

Plus it leaves gameplay between players unbalanced. I dont want to play against players with weapons i dont have. I still havent unlocked all weapons in BF2 for instance. And i shouldnt have to play a million hours to have access to all the content in the first place.

This is one of the reasons I will never buy another game where you have to unlock actual weapons. COD was bad enough with just perks.. I dont like having to unlock those either.

Only unlock ive ever thought was good, was the BF1943 unlock, Coral Sea map. Where everyone gets it at the same time, after the whole community unlocks it together. Now thats a good unlock.

So i vote for no personal unlocks system, I only support community unlocks. Or straight up extra content, without the unlocking part.

Comment

^^ Your one of the few who don't like unlocks. The majority like the fact that they need to rank up to get weapons, gadgets, etc. This expands the life of the game as well. As long as they don't make the weapons too powerful, then it'll be no problem if others have unlocks. Maybe there will be a way so ppl who don't have everything unlocked play with each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X