No announcement yet.

What will you want for your unlocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What will you want for your unlocks?

Lazors!
    Sticky Nades!
    Samurai Swoardz!
    Naked Chicks!
    AlienZ!

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
      Doesn't Euro Force have the L85A2 with the swingout grenade launcher?

QFT. I think we should be able do customizations like choose between red dots and ironsights and add silencers to the spec ops guns. I think the system for 2142's unlocks would work, except replace the gadgets with weapon add ons. And the passive abilities in 2142 (extra sprint, 3x frag, 4 rockets, etc.) were getting dangerously close to perks, maybe even worse since there were no tradeoffs.

It wasn't that bad, at least they chose to add a forward grip to some models instead of just changing the barrel length. But still, it would've been nice to see a scope or red dot on some of them.
      All of the sights/rails were the same.

Google the G36K, G36C, G36E, and MG36. The G36C is the only one in BF2 that was accurate to real life design.

Comment

Yeah G36E should've had a scope like the L85.

I think the G36K is also accurate:

Comment

Personally i'd like to see all the extra equipment that you get in BF2SF make it into BF3 as maybe unlocks (tear gas grappling hook ect). As i really dont want to see another half arsed expansion pack with loads of cool equipment in but no one plays.

Also some funky stuff like the Gate crasher would be cool if we have a properly destructible environment.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The Krakatoa modular explosive device would be cool if there were actually ships that could be moved (BF1942) and drivers of some kind.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The shoulder operated version of the Starstreak Missile for hand held AA would come in handy aswell, and would allow the likes of the BH to have the full power of its weapons if the ground troops had somthing to fight back with.

Comment

How about a kit option like Delta Force, so I can just pick my primary/secondary kit, pick between Snipers to fully auto MG for primary, RPG to Det Pack secondary, pretty smooth if not overpowered, may even require a new "Mercenary" class :laugh:

Comment

i want a SHOVEL & TUNNEL KIT, VIET CONG STYLE!

i mean what was better than planting a tunnel next to the enemy base and spawn killing like there was no tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                i want a SHOVEL & TUNNEL KIT, VIET CONG STYLE!

i mean what was better than planting a tunnel next to the enemy base and spawn killing like there was no tomorrow?
                That would be lol.

Or plant bombs under their base.

lolololol.

Comment

I'd like to see some more aesthetic unlocks along with practical ones. For example, the practical unlocks should include the usual different weapons, maybe some different optics such as ACOG scopes, optional silencers for assault weapons and pistols (not sniper rifles), different armor (such as heavier vests that slow the player down), and ammo upgrades. No perks or anything ridiculous like that, but kind of a cross between the 2142 system and the COD4 system.

Aesthetic upgrades would merely serve to make the player look different. Make the ghillie suit something that needs to be unlocked. In this sense, these aesthetic upgrades won't necessarily improve performance, but rather could serve as a sign of experience. Let us unlock different cammo layouts for our weapons. You'll never see a private from the army using a cammo M4, or a silencer on his weapon, but for a soldier from an elite unit such as the SEALS it's a common thing. Let us wear different uniform items such as changing helmets, wearing glasses, having a beard (only special forces (experienced soldiers) can have a beard in most armed forces), face paint cammo, soft hats instead of helmets etc etc.

If you have this character customization linked to unlocks, you can gradually change your unit from looking like a typical grunt to a member of an elite unit such as the SEALS, Green Berets, British SAS, MEC "Revolutionary Guard" or whatever they have.

Comment

^^ I like that idea.. Would be awesome to have a bit of rank based character customization..

Comment

And preferably some sort of way to try new unlocks, a bit like the squad upgrades in 2142, so you at least have the chance to try a new weapon before you unlocked it. It's a great way to see what you need for your playstyle, instead of unlocking something worthless that you're never going to use.

Comment

i'd want a crossbow. TF2's already done it but i know your gonna go "WTF?"

Its silent, and if you can aim, its deadly. Thats variety. :awes

Comment

yeah i want the bow and arrow from Rambo with optional explosive heads:yay:

Comment

BF is an arcade game, sure... but a crossbow is taking it too far.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                              Lazors!
                              Sticky Nades!
                              Samurai Swoardz!
                              Naked Chicks!
                              AlienZ!
                              I'd play that game.

But one thing that I think should REALLY be in there (as in "why was it not in 2142?") are customizable emblems. I want my angry marines crest.

Comment

Lightsabers

Comment

Working...
                                X