No announcement yet.

What will you want for your unlocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What will you want for your unlocks?

In BF2 they could have at least got the models right for the G36.

Every G36 version looked the same, when IRL they don't.

Comment

I'm kind of sick of people asking for silenced sniper rifles. A silencer on any weapon, changes the accuracy by upwards of an inch to each side. Shooting over distances this becomes feet. It also completely destroys the balance, you can already shoot from far away, have a ghille suit for camo, the only way to spot a good sniper is by sound, you also have undodgeable 100% kill everytime claymores. If you do get a silenced weapon, the accuracy would be completely dreadful , and the range would be non existent.

So please, instead of just wanting the super kill everything never die and do it from long range uber class, at least put some thought into the balance aspect of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies
        gaah, BF2 had G36s up the wazzoo D:
        Yeah I know, but Im Kind of sick of ironsight G36's

Comment

All I want is to somehow, someway, have a G3 in every kit.

Comment

I'd like the ability where you first start off flying a less advance jet like maybe for the USMC you'll start off being able to fly a Harrier and then maybe work your way up to a F-18 then a F-35B (which how it flys should be portrayed rightfully)

Comment

Originally posted by [7ID]B|SPC.JUNO{XX}[MI]
              I'm kind of sick of people asking for silenced sniper rifles. A silencer on any weapon, changes the accuracy by upwards of an inch to each side. Shooting over distances this becomes feet. It also completely destroys the balance, you can already shoot from far away, have a ghille suit for camo, the only way to spot a good sniper is by sound, you also have undodgeable 100% kill everytime claymores. If you do get a silenced weapon, the accuracy would be completely dreadful , and the range would be non existent.
              Wat. How would it destroy the balance if you had reduced damage and accuracy?

And claymores won't be 100% kills anymore. You can prone past them in 1.5 and crouch/prone past in 2142. I doubt they would return to the original uber clays.

Comment

Not to burst anyones bubble but everyone is asking for recent day weapons such as the G36 and the G3 but how do we know that BF3 is going to be set in the present time?

Comment

its the setting most players want (e.g. COD4) and thus is the money maker

Comment

Im almost 90% sure that they will go with that setting but it just seems as though its been done over and over, BF2, CoD4 and MW2 aswell as BFBC 1 and 2 which will all have been released and well played before BF3 has been released.

I think if others have said, go for the jungle, snow, desert and urban sort of terrains, mix it up a bit it would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                      Im almost 90% sure that they will go with that setting but it just seems as though its been done over and over, BF2, CoD4 and MW2 aswell as BFBC 1 and 2 which will all have been released and well played before BF3 has been released.

I think if others have said, go for the jungle, snow, desert and urban sort of terrains, mix it up a bit it would be good.
                      I don't think present day combat games will ever be overdone, mainly because that's the time we are in right now, and there are many more countries and armies that could be added in a game, but the game devs only want to keep adding the same 2 or 3.

Comment

The proper SA80!

I think the British Army had already switched from the L85A1 to the L85A2 when Bf2 came out. The former was hugely problematic.

Comment

yes proper L85 please and varied terrain/locations

modern combat has been done, but has it ever been done properly or taken as far as it should have been?

I don't think so, BF2 was a step in the right direction, I don't rate COD4 but tbh Battlefield is perfect for creating the experience, and everyone wants modern day done properly as a Battlefield game.

As for another unlock, thinking along the lines of the Barret, there are different variants for the 50 cal sniper, perhaps these could be reflected in the unlocks somehow

otherwise I think some beefier anti material rifles would be cool

Comment

Oh, a Mac 10 as well :awes

Comment

Originally posted by Joey
                              Do you want weapons or those wierd gadgetry stuff like in 2142?
                              Personally I would prefer weapons
                              For example the L85A2

Discuss
                              Weird gadgetry, or more accurately: tools.
                              A selection of guns are of course nice, but previously Battlefields only allowed you to carry one main weapon anyway, so you tend to stick to you favorite.

On the other hand, equipment like in BF2142 allows a variety of specializations and playstyles. And it doesnt have to be "weirder" than what you cand find in Future Weapons on DiscoveryChannel

I also like the way COD4 allows you to customize your weapons, but no perks please.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                                The proper SA80!

I think the British Army had already switched from the L85A1 to the L85A2 when Bf2 came out. The former was hugely problematic.
                                Doesn't Euro Force have the L85A2 with the swingout grenade launcher?

Originally posted by Vreki
                                I also like the way COD4 allows you to customize your weapons, but no perks please.
                                QFT. I think we should be able do customizations like choose between red dots and ironsights and add silencers to the spec ops guns. I think the system for 2142's unlocks would work, except replace the gadgets with weapon add ons. And the passive abilities in 2142 (extra sprint, 3x frag, 4 rockets, etc.) were getting dangerously close to perks, maybe even worse since there were no tradeoffs.

Originally posted by ebevan_91
                                In BF2 they could have at least got the models right for the G36.

Every G36 version looked the same, when IRL they don't.
                                It wasn't that bad, at least they chose to add a forward grip to some models instead of just changing the barrel length. But still, it would've been nice to see a scope or red dot on some of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X