What will you want for your unlocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will you want for your unlocks?

Do you want weapons or those wierd gadgetry stuff like in 2142?
    Personally I would prefer weapons
    For example the L85A2

Discuss

Re: What will you want for your unlocks?

M82A1

Give us a good semi auto sniper rifle!

Comment

I was thinking do you think we will get a silencer of some sort as an unlock or maybe it just comes with the weapon e.g. pistol?

I guess if you have the option to add it on it should drastically increase bullet drop and power over distance to make it a little bit balanced.

Comment

An unlock for every rank until four star general. Whether it be a weapon, gear or add-on (as long as it's balanced).

Comment

So long as it's just different and not an upgrade, fine. I liked the theory behind BF2142's unlock system, and since it was fairly easy to get points and unlock stuff it wasn't a major issue, but being new to the game (or getting slammed with the 'no unlocks' bug ) put you at a rather sizable disadvantage to those who had been playing, beyond the skill and game knowledge factor. When you have people running around with full sprint, PK rockets, and the Voss and you're stuck with the SCAR and you run like you have cinderblocks on your feet it makes it even worse than just being a newbie. Then take recon, where you had to unlock most of the kit to make it even remotely useful (no scope so sniping wasn't possible, no carbine so close range fighting was out, no explosives of any kind). G36E aside, BF2 did a good job of keeping the unlocks balanced, but fun. G3 is the most powerful AR, but lacks a GL and has a smaller clip. L85A1 adds a scope and more accuracy, at the cost of full-auto accuracy and power.

So, I'm all for unlocks, but make them alternatives rather than clear upgrades. Joey's idea for a pistol silencer is a great idea, because it could, in turn, make the pistol do a bit less damage or make it less accurate at the cost of being nearly inaudible.

Comment

I want an unlock system similar to that of CoD4 but on a much larger scale.. I'd also like the attachment options of CoD4.. I think having a more customizable kit system would make the game a lot more interesting.

As for particular weapons, I don't really care.. As long as there is a nice selection of sniper rifles I'm happy.

Comment

Primary weapons over gadgets/widgets, although there must be something learned from CoD's customisation, agreed Cec.

Comment

might be good to have vehicle unlocks maybe, like different weaponattachments for the vehicle. dunno how they would do this but and idea.

also like the idea of customisable kit, scopes silencers etc!

Comment

Weapons and equipment.

Real equipment, no having to unlock grenades or shoes

Comment

I prefer just unlocking weapons.

Unlocking equipment - OK, but not player abilities. In 2142 you would unlock extra sprint and stamina, I didn't really like it but it's still reasonable because you can unlock both very quickly.

Comment

a bat**** insane variety thats for sure

I prefer just unlocking weapons

but I think that extra equipment etc (no ****ing perks, another dire thing COD has given the world) should be more class related, so if you are a Special Ops player, getting a certain reward as that class (say a badge or pin, kill streak etc, or for accuracy) may get you a laser sight eventually etc, a bit of customisation doesn't hurt as long as it is an interesting and intriguing process. Another example, a sniper getting so many kills from a concealed position (might have to do this several times?) may get him a different camo suit...

Unlock wise - lots, for each class, to cater to different playstyles and have various drawbacks. Smaller, more compact weapons for mobility and increased endurance, heavier weapons for pew pew power, and somewhere in the middle; weapons that excel between accuracy, damage, range etc etc

Basically a variety of weapons that each have their uses or roles.

As for specific guns, G36!!!! (I like it because it was my fav gun in Stalker!) not the G36EICBMARMYKILLINGGUN in BF2, more like the G36C etc, modern guns that are actually in use and prototype weapons that could be used in the future. Some what ifs wouldn't hurt as well, could be special unlocks, like the XM8

Comment

yea i hate perks too. martyrdom is probably the worst concept ever introduced to an fps game.

Comment

Originally posted by JayZ
                          An unlock for every rank until four star general. Whether it be a weapon, gear or add-on (as long as it's balanced).
                          This.

As long as we get to choose our unlock, like the 2142 tiers.

I don't want the CoD unlock system where everything is set at every rank.

I want: Weapons MOAR WEAPONS
                          Maybe choose things for your weapons?
                          Unlock certain things or certain kits, like if you're Spec Ops, for example, you could unlock a silencer for an SMG or assualt rifle, or sniper, you could unlock a bipod or something.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                            As for specific guns, G36!!!! (I like it because it was my fav gun in Stalker!)
                            you sir are a legend ('twas my fav in stalker too)

I would also like (like, doesnt mean its going to happen) to see instead of unlocking a particular weapon you unlock a Tier (I.e.when you unlock a weapon, say Tier one assault, if you are on the U.S side its an M16A3 and on The MEC [or whatever army] side its an equivelent like the AK74, or for snipers, Tier 3 unlock is the M107 on the US side and the OSV96 on the MEC side)

well I sincerly doubt that would happen but I hope that there will be more unlocks anyhow. I would also like it if they made a G36 with the scope they used in Stalker, or at least as an upgrade. I would also like The AK74 or something else newer as im kind of getting sick of the AK47.

Comment

gaah, BF2 had G36s up the wazzoo D:

Comment

Working...
                              X