Guess the release date of BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guess the release date of BF3

Q1 2011 hopeful. But hell I'd wait till 2013 if it meant making it just that much more of a badass game.

Comment

June - August 2011

Comment

June 2011. And likely delayed.

Comment

February 30, 2011

hmmm....

Comment

I have to agree with Eliminator on this one. People in here need to start thinking from a business perspective. Im thinking BF3 will be something special!!! I'm thinking MMOFPS....there's just too many talks about Activision and EA wanting to get into the MMO arena. Activision has stated its interest in an MMOFPS and lets not forget about the listing that EA sent out, wanting to hire experienced people for a MMO game.

Comment

No thank you MMO.

Comment

Yeah...I know...no one likes the "pay to play" aspect. But from a business stand point...the FPS market is HUUUUGE!!! An MMOFPS has never been done before and the first company to do it the "right" way will reap the rewards!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29
                  An MMOFPS has never been done before and the first company to do it the "right" way will reap the rewards!!
                  Err, it's been done. PlanetSide and World War II Online. They were both crap though, so it would indeed be cool to see someone do it right for the first time

That being said, I think (and hope) that they're sticking to the core Battlefield formula for BF3...Heroes is their experimental MMO stuff.

Comment

I've always thought BF2 could have been done as a MMO, but it would need to be executed very well.

Comment

November 22nd 2011 mark your calenders. You will see I was right.

Comment

I've said it before; I'd pay-to-play if it meant having quality servers to play on with good map variety and no clan-stacking-whiny-kick-someone-because-he's-better-than-me-admin malarkey.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                          I've said it before; I'd pay-to-play if it meant having quality servers to play on with good map variety and no clan-stacking-whiny-kick-someone-because-he's-better-than-me-admin malarkey.
                          1. Rent a server
                          2. Start a community
                          3. Choose good maps
                          4. ???
                          5. You know the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy
                            1. Rent a server
                            2. Start a community
                            3. Choose good maps
                            4. ???
                            5. You know the rest.
                            Okay, well renting a dedicated 64-man box is a tad pricier than the $10-$15/mo you pay for MMOs, and then there's the whole issue of having to start and maintain a community, which I honestly CBA to do. Even then, most servers/communities develop one-map-itis (usually Gib/Karkand :hmm: ) and many maps remain unplayed largely due to new servers relying on same-ol-same-ol maps to get established (there are far more empty Karkand servers than empty AF servers, FWIW). I end up having a very small selection of quality servers and some maps I simply have no where at all to play (AF/EF/any SF map that isn't Ghost Town or Warlord). The EA official servers they had in BF1942/BF:V/BF2 were great and I always played on those until they were shut down.

Comment

All those who complain about the rank system... be ten times worse in an MMO. BF2 already has different classes, and unlocks, not sure what else people are looking for..

Comment

Mid-late 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X