Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you give up all perks for a second weapon attachment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you give up all perks for a second weapon attachment?

People have talked about having a second weapon attachment, like silencer and round drum but the argument against it has always been that the balance would be lost.

So here is the deal; What IF you could choose a second attachment but in the process, ALL your perk options were removed. Would that balance it back out?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Would you give up all perks for a second weapon attachment?

"average soldier with a super weapon." ??

Having more than one perk would make absolutely no difference to the balance of the game, it would just make it a bit more difficult for everyone which imo is a good thing..

Damage to balance only occurs when someone is given an unfair advantage.

I think the ability to have two attachments AND your normal 3 perks is fine. With the exception to noob tube which would still account for your first perk like MW1.

Comment

This is a good question. I think I would stick with the current way though as we have discussed many times how balanced the game is currently. I know people in CoD4 always wanted to have a sniper with the silencer and be able to have uav jammer and such, but I believe balance always defeats the second attachment idea (yes, I realize that example was different than your post).

I think it takes a little more thinking with your perks than to just have a super weapons. I vote to keep it the way it is right now, so no super weapon for me. Although, any weapon in my hands is a super weapon anyway.

Comment

That example is fine too Jo.

Thats a good point as well. IF you could have a silencer for a sniper rifle, but have to give up UAV Jammer, would people do that?

That debate is why I actually brought up this poll. I know snipers want that entire layout and we have debated that all before. I am just going with a different angle and more general instead of sniper class.

I think I would give up my perks for a silenced Tommy with a round drum. Or sites and drum.

Better yet, since this is kit based, maybe have a few kits with no perks but the weapons and a few kits with the perks and regular guns, a mix.

Of course for simplicity, a yes or no, we are assuming you only have one kit to work with

Crunch

Comment

If I forget about balance and purely think about what would be fun, I would love to have a tommy with a silencer, round drum, and aperature sight.

Comment

OK, now you are talking three perks. For that you have to lose your sprinting ability on top of all perks.

Crunch

Comment

I'd give up all perks even if I got nothing out of it...

But multiple attachments would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ebevan_91
                I'd give up all perks even if I got nothing out of it...

But multiple attachments would be cool.
                I was thinking about this a bit more but instead of losing all your perks, you had a Tier 1 ammo perk for your gun, a tier 2 silencer perk for your gun, a tier 3 sight perk for your gun, and a tier 4 explosive perk for your gun.

You can either chose one attachment and your normal perks or two attachments and some perks.

That way if Jo wants all three attachments, he could.

I dont know though, maybe the game is just fine the way it is

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                X