Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have most of the servers switched to modded maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have most of the servers switched to modded maps?

I decided to play some WaW last night, after not playing for a few weeks and to me it looked like most of the servers were running modded maps. It was hard for me to find a decent server that ran stock maps. Also when I click on the refresh server list I only get 10 or so servers at a time. Is this normal. I have the game patched to 1.4 version.

Re: Have most of the servers switched to modded maps?

There are a good number of modded & custom map servers for CODWW, but it's not a majority (and most of them are empty). Stock HC and Regular servers still outnumber the modded servers by quite a bit. I just did a couple of quick filters/refreshes to verify.

Check your "Filter Servers" setting. You can set it to "Mods - yes, no, or all" so that you can view modded servers separately, instead of mixed in with all the stock ones.

And if you're only getting 10 servers when you click refresh, that certainly is not normal...there might be something screwy with your connection/router/etc. There are about 4200 servers total out there (including empty), so whatever filter you use, you should get a couple hundred servers at least in your list.

Comment

I should have elaborated about the only getting 10 servers coming up. I have view empty, full, mod, hardcore all selected no. But is that still normal for only 10 or so servers to come up with those selected no under filter servers list.

Comment

What Whiskey is saying is that there must be some setting or default in your filter that is only showing up a small number of servers.

Since we do not know your combination of filter settings or area that you live in, its hard to say if that is normal or not.

Empty: NO
        Full: NO
        Mod: NO
        Hardcore: NO.

What are the rest of your settings?

Also, with empty and full set to "no", I have found that it will not show you much of anything. I havent tried that filter option since 1.1 though and maybe they fixed it back then or was just an issue on my end.

As for my filter settings, I see about 2000 servers that are not modded. Empty is no, mod is no, full is yes, hardcore may be set to ALL, I forget. Punkbuster yes.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          What Whiskey is saying is that there must be some setting or default in your filter that is only showing up a small number of servers.

Since we do not know your combination of filter settings or area that you live in, its hard to say if that is normal or not.

Empty: NO
          Full: NO
          Mod: NO
          Hardcore: NO.

What are the rest of your settings?

Also, with empty and full set to "no", I have found that it will not show you much of anything. I havent tried that filter option since 1.1 though and maybe they fixed it back then or was just an issue on my end.

As for my filter settings, I see about 2000 servers that are not modded. Empty is no, mod is no, full is yes, hardcore may be set to ALL, I forget. Punkbuster yes.

Crunch
          Thanks for the reply guys. I will have to check when I get home, I am at work right now. I still have a punkbuster B problem with the game, meaning I still get kicked for punkbuster B not intializing but I think I have narrowed that down to my antivirus.

Comment

I just did a quick refresh...

empty: no
            full: no
            HC: no
            mod: no
            password: no
            dedicated: yes
            punkbuster: all
            kill cam: all

100 servers show up for me.

I usually do not set the "full" filter to "no". I like to see full servers, because it generally shows they are popular. I can go add them to my fav's list to check back later, or, even doing another refresh in a minute or so can show that a slot has opened up (ie. they are no longer full) and I can join.

Comment

Yeah, the antivirus will do that to me every time. I use avast and i have to stop on-access protection.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Well I had to get rid of the game. I still could not fix the punkbuster b problem. Was getting an corrupt packet error or losing key packets error. It would take sometimes over a minute to load up multiplayer. None of my other games do this. It was just unplayable and I said to hell with it.

Comment

Sounds like you have the problem that I always get when punkbuster updates. Try manually updating your punkbuster, this always works for me. :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                  X