Ever seen this befor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever seen this befor?

I randomly got this after taking down a GS and killing the gunner that bailed out.
    I dont know if it as something to do with it. Never got any point for targeting befor
    [media]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/479/screen078b.png[/media]

Re: Ever seen this befor?

i have gotten that a few times but still to this day have no idea how you get it. I think it might have something to do with spotting the enemy.

Comment

this is a bug, it used to be in the beta when you spotted out someone and someone else killed him, you would get a half point for it. but they didn't released it in the final version. maybe because you could stadpad with it but anyway, it is a bug, doesnt do anything, and the text often get changed by people...

Comment

ive had like 4 , its where u target a enemy and a squad member kills him ...i think....but very rare

Comment

Originally posted by sempf
          this is a bug, it used to be in the beta when you spotted out someone and someone else killed him, you would get a half point for it. but they didn't released it in the final version. maybe because you could stadpad with it but anyway, it is a bug, doesnt do anything, and the text often get changed by people...
          Hum thats still a nice feature, spotting NME that get killed by your squads mate gives you 1/2 of a point. But yeah there would mostly be alot of abusing.

Comment

The game would be more annoying than when I play commander and spam "enemy unit spotted!"

Comment

I think this feature should only be limited to snipers.

Since real in warfare, snipers are also spotters of enemy infantry movement, positions and call in any firing support. So if in BF2142, snipers can spot let's say an armor and air unit. Some one takes it out within a X time limit, then the sniper should get a targeting assist.

However; I can still see this being abused with conquest with vehicles full of recons spottng things.

Comment

I always spot enemies and have probably seen this message 20-30 times over the last couple of years. Don't know exactly what triggers it.

You can't help some people though - I swear some people never look at their minimaps.

How many times have you spam spotted someone for a TM only to see that person get sneaked up on totally unawares. Look at your map ffs :laugh:

I think leaving this for snipers is a good idea. Snipers tend to be lone wolfs but can be a useful asset for a squad. I was playing Shingle last week and was in a squad as a sniper. I would stay way back from the squad most of the time and watch over their assault. Staying up in towers and on hills overlooking the flags. Spotting enemies and taking out people at range. I would only run in on a flag if I had a clear entry. Example using the catwalk to get to the centre tower flag. We won that round comfortably and I had 47-10 KDR.

Comment

ya, i've gotten it several times, but very infrequently. i'm pretty sure sempf has it right. you spot an enemy & a squad/team member kills them & you get a point. i believe you have to be in your squads "attack/defend" radius (where the squad leader tells you to go). you don't get it every time. i spot soldiers all the time & don't get it, so who knows. i haven't actually gotten one in probably 2 or 3 months.

Comment

Working...
                  X