Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invalid CD-Key error (yes, I read the sticky)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid CD-Key error (yes, I read the sticky)

Alright, so here's the deal. I have been battling since Thursday to get BF2 up and running. I had the DVD version and about a year ago it broke. That was fine by me, as I was involved in groups for TF2, WIC, and IL2. However, I have recently been wanting to play BF2 again, and decided to buy the complete version from the EA Store.

It took until today, and numerous support tickets before I could fix the "cannot verify, log into EADM to verify" error which had prevented me from launching. However, now I am faced with a new problem. Every server I try to connect to gives me an "Invalid CD-Key error."

First, I tried the cure-all of uninstall/reinstall. No success.

I then tried contacting EA by phone. Waited on hold, never spoke to anyone.

I then Googled the problem, and that pointed me to regedit. Two problems. I find the local_machine and software directories all fine, but I do not have an EAGames sub-directory under that. What's more, I was never given a CD-Key, as it was a digital purchase.

Then I looked here, and tried the EA_code program. It refuses to launch in either normal or administrative mode.

So I'm basically at a loss for what to do. My only thought is that it has to do with me retrieving my old account. Could that be it? I would rather not have to start new, but if I have to so be it.

Another thing, if I do delete the profile, will my Euro Force/Armored Fury expansions be deactivated? Thanks in advance everyone.

Re: Invalid CD-Key error (yes, I read the sticky)

hmmm . . . not a PRO here
    but . . . how much did you pay?
    can you cancel that purchase through your bank/credit company?
    (ie you never got what you paid for?)
    then just buy the software (walmart?? // EB Games // etc)

your account is stored online - will not get lost

profiles - have the one advantage - only of you made many edits to options or mapped keys (like I did) - I even edit my common mapped keys to map to my ZBoard

good luck

Comment

Wow, that's certainly a bit of a mess. I really think you should try to get hold of someone at EA Support, they if anyone can help you. Seems like something you can't fix yourself, unfortunately.

Take a bit of advice, EA Store is known for being a bit messy, and the support isn't all that good either. Avoid it in the future, if possible. I hope you'll get the game running anyway eventually

Comment

Alright, so there has been an update. EA has contacted me stating that they are working on it, but I may have fixed the Key issue myself. I used the activation key given to me at purchase for my BF2 and SF registry, and I was able to connect to a server!

But.... I got the insufficient O/S error. What's worse, I set everything to administrator and XP2. EADM ****ed me good......

Comment

Working...
        X