Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine gun bi-pod poll!

Hello guys,

I don't know about you, but I'm very very disappointed (to not say a very bad word) at Treyarch. The LMG bi-pods were perfect, you could mount them anywhere and it gave them a meaning. Now you cannot mount them unless it's on a flat surface. You cannot deploy them onto the ground anymore. This was one of COD5's amazing features!

Treyarch did the stupidest mistake in the history of gaming, I mean how stupid can you get? They were perfectly fine and they removed it because there was a problem with the Xbox360 guys using it to glitch. This was not an issue for the PC.

Vote now if you agree they're :censored::censored: idiots.

Re: Machine gun bi-pod poll!

Treyarch patched it so that BIpods could be used on the ground. and they removed it.

I have given up with MP WaW.

Comment

We can't deploy bi-pods on the ground now? Since when? I haven't touched WaW in a while now.

Even so, that sounds like a terrible quick fix.

Comment

The bipods were removed because of a bug found on Console, that allowed infinite ammo. Although it wasn't seen on PC, because the code was shared, there was a likelihood that the exploit could be on PC as well.

Because the fix wasn't a trivial one, in the short term, Treyarch decided to remove the bipods on Console until they could figure out a fix, and they decided to err on the side of caution, and remove it for PC as well, proactively, before someone could replicate the bug. Maybe that decision was annoying to some people, but it was prudent. It's like recalling a product - not all of them might break, but a problem is known to exist somewhere, so you pull it in to be safe. And because PC gets fewer patches (compared to the hotfixes on Console), if the problem was actually seen, it would've been a long time before they could've done anything about it, which would've ticked off even more people.

They're not idiots, and it's not that big of a deal - certainly nowhere near the "biggest mistake in the history of gaming." That's a huge over-dramatization.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
          They're not idiots, and it's not that big of a deal - certainly nowhere near the "biggest mistake in the history of gaming." That's a huge over-dramatization.
          Exactly. BiPods were cool, but unlimited ammo for them, not so much. I rather temporarily lose something than have that.

I didnt vote because they didnt remove the bipods just for fun.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Couldn't care less tbh, WaW was an epic fail in my books, Treyarch need to stick to Tony Hawks and Spiderman. But I don't ever remember hearing about this in the PC version, its a pity that they removed them on the PC when there was no real glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
              Yeah that's the point

Yeah, I'm just really pissed because I can think of a dozen reasons why I need it. So many times I've been defending a flag from a flank and have not been able to use the great bi-pod feature and I'd miss.

Comment

Should try Red Orchestra then you can mount MG's on most things + rest all weapons on flat surfaces.

Comment

Before Prestige, I used to use DP-28 w/ Bipod and it was my best gun for a very long time. I don't play WaW as much as I used to so I don't know how much of an impact the patch did on Bipods. With the Bipod I could out snipe snipers with pretty much any MG plus it was great for defending HQ's or S&D bombs from a distance.

Comment

Working...
                  X