Quick question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question..

I have noticed while watching a lot of good players that they tend to scroll to and from the same weapon quickly, why do they do this?

The first time I ever saw it was in this clip..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTAs3HP_VI[/media]

But after watching a few more pro clips and specing some good pro mod players it seems they all do it.. Is it just to keep them on the ball or what?

Re: Quick question..

Unless they are doing it after reloading there's not much reason. I do it very frequently and it's just a habit, but it serves no real purpose. The best explanation I can give is that it keeps you "ready" - if you're just staring at an area you can lose focus, so by doing this you stay focused.

Comment

Hmm I thought that was the case but after seeying soo many people do it I was beginning to think there was some secret advantage in flipping back and forth

Comment

Dunno, I found myself doing this in CSS a lot for no real reason, I guess its just the awesome feeling of drawin on someone real quick and killing them.

Comment

Nah there's no advantage but like DEFEKT said, it keeps you on your toes. I also have a habit of doing it..

Comment

On early versions of promod it would stop the animation where he loads a bullet into the chamber by using the bolt, also allows you to scope back in a bit quicker. But think they patched all of that, it develops into a habit, I do it in CSS aswell.

Comment

I do it constantly in all my games.

It's particularly fun to do it in BF2 or 2142, because if you start to reload and then in a fraction of a second switch to another weapon and back you will get a "fake reload", eg it looks like you keep reloading even if you just aborted it a while ago. It's a bit of a bad habit for me.

Comment

Working...
              X