pressing certain keys cause crash to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressing certain keys cause crash to desktop

has anyone else experienced this? this happened when i played on another XP system and now on vista it also does this.

if i press certain keys in combination then it crashes the game, in the middle of the round. on my XP system, it usually was a CTD but on vista, it notifies me it crashed. usually, i am crouching and trying to change to another weapon or using the commo rose.

anyone know what might be causing this? its hard to think it's the keyboard because i have this happen on 2 different system (with 2 different keyboards) on 2 different OS and it still crashes. 2142 is the only game this happens to so i'm thinking it's the game.

Re: pressing certain keys cause crash to desktop

i have the problem if i select to have nades if the kit doesnt have them. only thing i can think off is bf trying to read unwritten and unreadable data...

Comment

i still have this problem even on windows 7, but for some reason when it crashed today, it gave me an error message, i think the first time it ever showed it for this simultaneous keys pressed CTD.

anyone know what this means?

Comment

Update your .Net framework problem solved.

Comment

wouldn't it make more sense to install the latest visual c++ runtime?

Comment

i have windows update do the updating automatically so that's probably not gonna help.

Comment

have you checked to see if you have all the runtimes installed? x86 & x64 + the service packs?

Comment

Originally posted by sempf
                i have the problem if i select to have nades if the kit doesnt have them. only thing i can think off is bf trying to read unwritten and unreadable data...
                you know what, this is actually the case for some, but not all of these CTDs when pressing keys. i confirmed this the other night when i picked up a kit and hit #5 and bam, it CTD'd. i have a feeling it crashed because the kit had a conflict like you said. the thing is you never know until you hit the key and it doesn't do it all the time so it's somewhat hard to repeat and troubleshoot.

Comment

Working...
                X