Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PunkBuster blocking all multiplayer, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PunkBuster blocking all multiplayer, help!

I’m running BF on Vista x64. Every time I attempt to connect to a server I get booted with a blank error box that says only “Punkbuster”. I’ve updated BF, the PB service, tried uninstall / reinstall of PB, tried disabling the PB service, running as admin and everything else I could find in the forums – nothing seems to work. Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks in advance!

Re: PunkBuster blocking all multiplayer, help!

can you try running pb with administrator rights? this can solve some pb problems. also if you join a server press ` and see what reason pb kicks you for.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'm running as an admin with AUC disabled. Will try the ` hint and see what I get...

Comment

Tried, no go. Also attempted WinXPsp2 compatibility following the PB re-install. The ` hint got me to the PB console, but didn't help much - only shows communicating to the PB server, then I'm booted back to the game server list with the empty text box that says only "Punkbuster". Anyone else have any creative ideas (short of downgrading to WinXP :-)

Comment

Do you run the actual game with admin rights? Create a desktop shortcut, and run as admin, don't autorun from the DVD.

Comment

Yes, running the game from the desktop icon created by the installer. My account is local sys admin ('run as admin' on icon properties is grayed out b/c I am admin with UAC turned off).

Comment

Called EA for support. First line had no answered, so they are escalating a ticket to their next level. Will post back what I learn for others to benefit…

Comment

Working...
              X