Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should flak jacket have been a tier 3 perk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should flak jacket have been a tier 3 perk?

So I was setting up my kit with flak jacket, to try it out, and I am looking for it and didn't see it. I then looked in tier 1 and it wasnt there either. I found it in tier 2!

Aside from this showing how much I use the flak jacket, I would think it belongs in the tier 3 area. You already have flameproof in that area as well as some of the other "anti" perks, so whats up with flak jacket?

Would the game have been overbalanced somehow with flak jacket in another catagory?

The way I see the setup of your perks are;

Tier 1 - Extra explosives/special grenades or things that can cause explosions. (and the flame thrower )

Tier 2 - Soldier enhancements. Altering how your weapon fires or how your soldier reacts to something, like flares or being shot.

Tier 3 - Anti perks. These are the things that counter limitations or other perks.

I know not all the perks fit the catagories exactly, there has to be some balance in it, but I think you all get the drift.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Should flak jacket have been a tier 3 perk?

I think Juggernaut and Flak Jacket would be a bit overpowered, but the whole perk selection system is awkward anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
      I think Juggernaut and Flak Jacket would be a bit overpowered
      I agree. I think Fireproof is different, because fire is relatively rare in this game compared to the explosive spam everywhere. Flak Jacket & Juggernaut together would probably be way too powerful.

Also, there seem to be more "anti" perks in level 2 overall:
      Flak Jacket
      Gas Mask
      Juggernaut
      Shades
      Camouflage

(Toss Back, Fireproof, Dead Silence in level 3).

Comment

I thought about that too, but the point of juggernaut is more health, yet explosives do the same amount of damage as without juggarnaut. How could you be a juggernaut when explosives kill you just as easy?

It would be different if it gave you more health, but it simply covers the entire area of weapons.

Also, think of an anti-martyrdom kit with juggernaut and flakjacket, huh??? Think about it.

One thing that was looking at is how fireworks is also in tier 2. Most counter perks are in the same tier, maybe that is why they put it there.

Crunch

Comment

While I would LIKE to use Juggernaut and the Flak Jacket myself , I wouldn't want everyone else using it. It would be greatly advantageous to use both. Flak Jacket protects you from arty, nades, tanks, any explosive device. With the patch, as some have mentioned in the other thread here, you are pretty much invincible from explosives after the patch made Flak Jacket better.

Juggernaut then gives you more health i.e. not only extra health against explosives, but bullets also. So, you would be quite a metal machine running around.

I vote that FJ should not be in the tier 3 perks.

Comment

Hmmm, I havent tried flak jacket since the patch. Maybe that would change my mind.

I did not think juggarnaut worked with explosives though?

Crunch

Comment

I could be wrong, but as far as I know, it gives you extra health, and health prevents you from dying. I would think that anything that causes you harm, is then padded against with your extra health. Anyone, yes? Or did I inhale too many printer ink fumes today?

Comment

^you're right.

Comment

Hmmm again. If that was the case, then it would seem to be two juggernaut perks.

We need to investigate further. If I have time tonight I will look into it. If someone already knows, let us know.

Crunch

Comment

OK, Flak jacket does not increase health but decrease explosive strength.

Flak Jacket is a Tier 2 perk featured in Call of Duty: World at War, a Tier 1 perk in Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified, Call of Duty: Online, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Call of Duty: Mobile and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and a Raven Research Mod in Call of Duty: WWII. It also appears in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II campaign, where it is an item that can be obtained in m

So juggernaut decreases bullet strength and flak jacket decreases explosive strength.

Also, read this about juggernaut, its very interesting.

Juggernaut may refer to: Juggernaut (perk) - The perk in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War. Juggernog - The Perk-a-Cola featured in Zombies which is also called "Juggernaut Soda". Juggernaut (character) - The character in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Ghosts, 'Call of Duty: Heroes, , Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, and Call of Duty: Modern

EDIT: Also found this tidbit in the wiki under knife:
                    In Modern Warfare 2, the knife will be held when using the pistol, to allow a faster slash. The hand holding the knife will still be used to support the pistol.

Crunch

Comment

Word, thanks for the link. BUT, it would still make you extra powerful b/c you would then be better protected against one extra bullet and explosive damage making you all around better at surviving enemy attacks. SO, by making it where you're not able to use both, you can be protected from all areas. Although, you would also need fireworks to be completely protected in game.

Comment

Yea, Jo, your right. They would have to move fireworks to tier 3 as well to counter flak jacket.

Now if that was to be done, then we would have something

Stopping power is stronger than juggernaut and then with fireworks you could beat the unbeatable.

OR would you then be too strong with that setup?

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                          EDIT: Also found this tidbit in the wiki under knife:
                          In Modern Warfare 2, the knife will be held when using the pistol, to allow a faster slash. The hand holding the knife will still be used to support the pistol.

Crunch
                          I would rather have a bayonet on the pistol.:thumbsup:

Comment

LOL, that would be great. A pistol whip option would be cool.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                              LOL, that would be great. A pistol whip option would be cool.

Crunch
                              A switch blade that comes out of the handle of the pistol...sveeet

Comment

Working...
                              X