Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera Rapida

Hey guys,
    Figured I'd try to get some activity in the CoD4 area again, and what better way to do it than hype up an upcoming frag video? Mazarini's new movie, Carrera Rapida, is set to release on May 30, and there's currently a teaser for the movie (link below). Also, if you scroll through the featured player list, you'll see yours truly . I highly suggest you check out the trailer and the movie when it's released, as it highlights some of the best frags from across the world.

Link to the project:

Link to the trailer:

I'll be sure to bump the thread when the movie is released. For those who don't know, Mazarini is probably the most popular CoD4 editor (maker of Cereal Killers) so it should be an amazing video.

Re: Carrera Rapida

Coolio, been trying to get back into COD4, and watching awesome frag vids like this should encourage me more

PS congrats on being in it You prozor you

Comment

Well I'm definitely interested to see how this turns out.

Most movies he has made are a bit overedited personally, but Cereal Killers hit the sweet spot. This should be good either way.

Comment

Heh, I saw the title from the main forumhome on TGN and I thought it was going to be a topic by a Spanish guy asking for some sort of Rapid fire script/hack...

Will have to wait till it's out to view the whole thing - and I don't get back from Florida till 14th June (leave on the 30th May) - so

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
          Well I'm definitely interested to see how this turns out.

Most movies he has made are a bit overedited personally, but Cereal Killers hit the sweet spot. This should be good either way.
          Yeah, and many said that CK 1.337 was too over-edited (I personally enjoyed it, but I like the spastic effects) so I'm hoping that he keeps it clean enough for people to enjoy while still maintaining his personal style.

Comment

Delayed a week.

Comment

While we wait

This is the kind of editing I like best, full with effects but still clean

Comment

While we wait.

This is my favorite frag video evar.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                  While we wait

This is the kind of editing I like best, full with effects but still clean
                  Awesome editing and playing skills! Bit overdone though, Looks like it was shot in a night club

This is one of my favs of Stevy from TEK9..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTAs3HP_VI[/media]

Comment

Links are up!

Shyr's: http://www.sourceradio.com/modules.p...videos&vid=320

Carrera Rapida: http://www.sourceradio.com/modules.p...videos&vid=226

Comment

Damnnn I like the syncing. Got me pretty pumped up - feels like it's shotty pub time now

01.22 and forward makes me smile

Comment

Wow @ 6:49-6:51.

Comment

Both of these vids are beautifully done, and fun to watch.

But there is that part of my brain that hates seeing no-scopes across the length of the map, or multiple kills in quick succession through smoke...it just looks so wrong, so unnatural, that I can't help put have suspicious thoughts when I see them. It just makes almost no sense that someone would even try a no-scoped shot across the length of the map, when they had plenty of time to zoom in...and how they'd know to pull the trigger at the exact moment someone was in a window/alleyway, even though they were totally hidden by smoke (not to mention, more than one kill in that same spot).

I try to put it out of my head - to rationalize it that these events are rare and just compiled into a short vid to look cool - so that I can just enjoy the vids, but those thoughts are still there, unfortunately, because it just seems like there would be no reason to even attempt those shots unless the player knew he had a reasonable expectation of a kill. :|:

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                            Both of these vids are beautifully done, and fun to watch.

But there is that part of my brain that hates seeing no-scopes across the length of the map, or multiple kills in quick succession through smoke...it just looks so wrong, so unnatural, that I can't help put have suspicious thoughts when I see them. It just makes almost no sense that someone would even try a no-scoped shot across the length of the map, when they had plenty of time to zoom in...and how they'd know to pull the trigger at the exact moment someone was in a window/alleyway, even though they were totally hidden by smoke (not to mention, more than one kill in that same spot).

I try to put it out of my head - to rationalize it that these events are rare and just compiled into a short vid to look cool - so that I can just enjoy the vids, but those thoughts are still there, unfortunately, because it just seems like there would be no reason to even attempt those shots unless the player knew he had a reasonable expectation of a kill. :|:
                            lol, the long *** no scopes are usually people just fooling around during scrims. Those shots are one in a thousand. The kills through smoke mayy be because the player is using a config that the moviemaker is not, meaning that the player could probably see things the moviemaker (who has all settings on high to make his movie look pretty) cannot.

But yes, a few frags may be faked, I see it all the time in source videos. Thats why I like the player/team videos because the frags are usually legit.

Comment

Also, CoD4 is a wonderful game of wallspam, if you know where to shoot you can get a lot of kills through walls and smoke... when you've played the game for a lot of hours and you get a good idea of each maps layout in your mind, you have a pretty good idea of where the enemy will be no matter what happens to be in the way.

Good example is Vacant where there are a good few sniper spots that pretty much all players stand at, if you can hit these spots through smoke there's a very big chance you'll hit someone

Comment

Working...
                              X