Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who's winning now??? Amd or intel?

Hey Guys,

Looking at upgrading soon and I just want to know which Processor is better THESE days. It seems I can't find a current site with a current opinion on which processor is the best.

Anyone?

Re: So who's winning now??? Amd or intel?

Intel have by far the better CPU's at the moment. AMD are okay, but are never quite as fast and certainly not as overclockable.

Comment

Well, although I havn't overclocked it, I have had better experience from AMD.. That is only MY PERSONAL experience.

Comment

Originally posted by [202K]7|OFwb.Recon
        Well, although I havn't overclocked it, I have had better experience from AMD.. That is only MY PERSONAL experience.
        That's nice.

But Intel currently have the best chips on the market since the release of Core 2 architecture. I'm sure it'll swap hands similar to how AMD now have better graphics chips that Nvidia, but I don't know when.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
          That's nice.
          I was only saying.. He said who's winning, and so I gave my opinion.. I'll keep it to myself from now on them Mr. Sarcasm.

Comment

u should because frankly it's not even close between intel and amd. intel won long time ago.

Comment

It depends entirely on what you want out of your computer. If you need bleeding edge performance and are willing to pay a premium than the intel core i7 architecture is for you. If you want quad core at a competitive price than AMD has the Phenom 2 architecture. Check out this set of charts for data on both.

Comment

Originally posted by Corkum
                It depends entirely on what you want out of your computer. If you need bleeding edge performance and are willing to pay a premium than the intel core i7 architecture is for you. If you want quad core at a competitive price than AMD has the Phenom 2 architecture. Check out this set of charts for data on both.
                But Intel isn't just i7? It has Q94xx, Q66xx although they are being phased out and for the lower end, E8xxx and E5xxx.

Comment

if I am not mistaken
                  the new I7 core wins because there is no FSB
                  which is often the bottleneck

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                    Intel have by far the better CPU's at the moment. AMD are okay, but are never quite as fast and certainly not as overclockable.

Intel is way better if you got the money for it but AMD is the best bet on a budget rig.

Comment

Working...
                    X