No announcement yet.

Do you want kill cams in Bad Company 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want kill cams in Bad Company 2?

As the title says. Personally I'd rather not have them as the only purpose they serve is to give away the position of the person who just killed you. This can be especially annonying if you are sniping.

Re: Do you want kill cams in Bad Company 2?

Look at the killcam poll over at this EA site , I heard that DICE have been listening to what BC players want , but I'm not sure who they have been listening to going by this poll.

This site here in the link is where DICE can be found very often , so if you don't want killcams in BC2 you should really vote in the poll in the link and lest see if we can stop this before it goes too far.

Comment

Um, where is the, "I don't care at all" option?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
        Um, where is the, "I don't care at all" option?
        If you don't care then you don't vote , its really that easy.
        If you don't care you have no need to go over there and look at the poll , plus its not my poll so the guy must have not wanted people '' sitting on the fence '' on this one

Comment

Originally posted by L85A1
          Then the poll isn't as useful as it could be in capturing opinion. In general, there are strong feelings on one side or another, but often a majority in the middle. These people may not have wanted a kill cam specifically, but would be OK with one included. It's not so much "I don't care", as "I'm ok with it either way".

But as others have said, forums like this aren't a good place for gameplay polls anyway, because they tend to attract a more hardcore audience (which tends to be very polarized), instead of getting overall general opinion. TGN here in particular has a lot of sniper players, so I'd expect the results of polls here to be against kill cams.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
            Then the poll isn't as useful as it could be in capturing opinion. In general, there are strong feelings on one side or another, but often a majority in the middle. These people may not have wanted a kill cam specifically, but would be OK with one included. It's not so much "I don't care", as "I'm ok with it either way".

But as others have said, forums like this aren't a good place for gameplay polls anyway, because they tend to attract a more hardcore audience (which tends to be very polarized), instead of getting overall general opinion. TGN here in particular has a lot of sniper players, so I'd expect the results of polls here to be against kill cams.
            And there Whiskey goes stealing my well-articulated arguments again. You can't say there are only Democrats and Republicans when Libertarians and Moderates and Others abound. Just because the U.S. runs on an antiquated 2 party system and has a lot to learn does not mean that gaming needs to follow a similar example. "You're either with us or against us" has never really been a very good argument.

Comment

Say no to killcamz!!!!11

Comment

I think that kill cams will have a negative affect on the game. I don't think there is any argument about whether they can give a players position away. This is the problem (mainly for snipers) as they are more likely to have someone to come after them where as before the player was less likely to know where the shot came from.
                So given that this will affect gameplay I wanted to know whether people wanted them or not. If your not bothered or dont have an opinion then you dont have to vote. Saying "I don't care at all" doesn't really help anyone. Granted this doesn't reflect the whole communities opinion but it does give an idea about what players do think about a feature that will affect gameplay for better or for worse. So please think about the implications of having a kill cam in the game and then make an informed decision

Comment

Originally posted by L85A1
                  If you don't care you have no need to go over there and look at the poll , plus its not my poll so the guy must have not wanted people '' sitting on the fence '' on this one
                  I may need to rephrase what I said, but Whiskey's got my back.

:wee:

Comment

Wouldn't there be an option to choose a server without killcam like in CoD4?
                    I don't see the problem with letting them have a killcam but the host can decide whether to have it turned on or off.

LiNk_

Comment

In Bad Company (the first one) you can't choose what server you play on only the game type. If there was a browser like Battlefield on the PC then this would be a good idea as it would please everyone but there has been no mention (as far as I'm aware) of a new browser or even that people can host their own servers (as far as consoles are concerned) and so I don't think we would be given this option because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenMachine
                        In Bad Company (the first one) you can't choose what server you play on only the game type. If there was a browser like Battlefield on the PC then this would be a good idea as it would please everyone but there has been no mention (as far as I'm aware) of a new browser or even that people can host their own servers (as far as consoles are concerned) and so I don't think we would be given this option because of this.
                        I believe dice/EA host or pay for the servers on consoles themselves so I doubt it would really make a difference

Comment

I hate kill cams. It's such a cliche of multiplayer that only serves a purpose in arcadey, fun-fun multiplayer games like COD4 and such, not "serious" multiplayer games like BF.

Comment

It's a lot more fun not knowing where the enemy is and searching for snipers after they've killed you or your teammates.

Comment

I appear to be in the minority. (ohno)

Comment

Working...
                              X