No announcement yet.

How about a sniper and spotter squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about a sniper and spotter squad?

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
    HEEELLLLL NOoOOOooo! The last thing this game needs is more com spam!
    Con should only work if you're in the vicinity. If I'm on the carrier do I really care if an enemy infantry has been spotted at the airfield on Wake?

Comment

Spotter and a bomber pilot would work too.

Comment

Dont really like the idea that much... Just point towards a hill, push the Q Button and Click. Then rinse and repeat on all the hills and buildings.

Q-Spotting pwns any spotter with binoculars.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Falcon_6049
          Spotter and a bomber pilot would work too.
          lol they do have that in Project Reality ^_^. Squad Leaders can laser targets with their special binoculars and then bombers flying overhead can see where the lazed target is and BOOM.

Comment

Just an idea, for the sniper/spotter dealeo

How about the sniper is unable to see the enemy until the spotter spots him. Of course there would have to be a rule where if the enemy got close enough both the sniper and spotter could see him.

Comment

Originally posted by Indecisi0n
              Just an idea, for the sniper/spotter dealeo

How about the sniper is unable to see the enemy until the spotter spots him. Of course there would have to be a rule where if the enemy got close enough both the sniper and spotter could see him.
              That would make no sense at all.

Comment

Dude where is that guy, hes right there ! I dont see him ! Oh... yah right he is 401 Meters away, not 400, sorry man, crawl a meter forward.

Ahhh there he is

Comment

Or you see him, about to shoot, then your spotter dies and he disappears. FUUUU!

Comment

It was just a idea guys. Just like that idea I had saying that they should legalize prostitution and put a tax on it.

Comment

it would be nice but cant you already do both by yourself ?

Comment

If you really like sniping try out the aix2 mod. There are more rifles to choose from and sniping just feels better overall.

and you'll like the Vintorez. (think silenced svd)
                        "Crunch's First Officer"
                        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                          If you really like sniping try out the aix2 mod. There are more rifles to choose from and sniping just feels better overall.

and you'll like the Vintorez. (think silenced svd)
                          I have that mod, it's a LOT of fun I just wish there were some servers in Australia

Everything in AIX is soo overpowered but it works

Comment

There's no reason for any BF game to have a spotter/sniper team. The spotter would be redundant.

Spotters are used to help gauge wind and distance, scan the horizon for targets, call whether the shot is a hit or a miss etc. The arcade nature of the BF series makes it easy for one shooter to hit targets by himself or herself.

Project Reality is good with a sniper/spotter team. I've done it quite a few times with a lot of success. It allows you to cycle the kit if the shooter gets taken out (getting a sniper kit in PR is often hard to do), use the equipment of your spotter (eg. medic gear, grapple ropes etc.), and allows you to better differentiate between friendly and hostile targets. If the spotter is the leader of the squad, they can also place attack markers on the targets for range calculation.

Normal BF though... spotters are a waste of resources and would get bored very, very easily.

Comment

It would be cool if the sniper kit had binoculars, then you could have a squad with 2 snipers and one could spot with binocs and the other could shoot, and they could switch when one got bored, like after 3 kills or something. That sounds like the definite solution to me... right? Tell DICE!

Originally posted by Teh_Diplomat
                              Con should only work if you're in the vicinity. If I'm on the carrier do I really care if an enemy infantry has been spotted at the airfield on Wake?
                              Yeah, that gets quite annoying. You should only hear your squads com, but see everybodys' on the map... That would help a lot

Comment

usually spotters have same sniper rifles as the sniper it self, so giving a mp5 would just not be right. And this might sounds weird but only the most experimented sniper is the spotter and the least the sniper

Comment

Working...
                                X