How about a sniper and spotter squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a sniper and spotter squad?

I was just thinking that it would be cool in the next BF game to be able to make a 2 man squad that includes a sniper and spotter. Give the sniper obviously a sniper rifle and claymores and give the spotter maybe an MP5 and binoculars. Of course there still would be the regular 6 man squads but maybe give an option to do a 2 man squad like mentioned above.

Re: How about a sniper and spotter squad?

Originally posted by stilla-killa
    I was just thinking that it would be cool in the next BF game to be able to make a 2 man squad that includes a sniper and spotter. Give the sniper obviously a sniper rifle and claymores and give the spotter maybe an MP5 and binoculars. Of course there still would be the regular 6 man squads but maybe give an option to do a 2 man squad like mentioned above.
    Thats a good idea.

Kinda like what they have in America's Army but no one ever really uses to the best effect?

Comment

I think it would become boring for the spotter. Plus, you can do that already by creating a squad with a sniper and some other kit effectively.

Plus, I don't really want BF to focus on realism, i'm happy for it to be an arcade shooter.

Comment

I've done this with a Support class. It's godly because not only are you covered from claymore on two sides, and a human by the other side, but you can get more Claymores to randomly stick in bushes along the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
          I think it would become boring for the spotter. Plus, you can do that already by creating a squad with a sniper and some other kit effectively.

Plus, I don't really want BF to focus on realism, i'm happy for it to be an arcade shooter.
          Or just a squad with snipers. Then just make sure they're not all scoping the same area....

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
            Thats a good idea.

Kinda like what they have in America's Army but no one ever really uses to the best effect?
            There are only a few maps that are big in AA, which lives you not that much time to use the binoculars before you got sniped or shot or before the enemy moves.

Comment

No one would go spotter.. Besides an extra person following you around makes you twice the noticable target so any support he may provide is cancelled out simply by him being there and following you around..

What I would like is a range finder in the scope so I don't have to keep using squad attack markers.

Comment

Yea, I can imagine the 'spotter' getting really bored after 10 secs and either fire bursts of MP5 everywhere or run off, however, I think it would be cool to look into awarding a small amount of points for spotting enemies on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
                  Yea, I can imagine the 'spotter' getting really bored after 10 secs and either fire bursts of MP5 everywhere or run off, however, I think it would be cool to look into awarding a small amount of points for spotting enemies on the map.
                  HEEELLLLL NOoOOOooo! The last thing this game needs is more com spam!

Comment

Been there, done that.

Medic with an L85A1 works great as a spotter.

Comment

I don't see a point of a spotter, I usually quick scope anyway so I'm well aware of my surroundings...

Comment

If spotter gets 3 assist points for every kill then you will never lack spotters

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
                          HEEELLLLL NOoOOOooo! The last thing this game needs is more com spam!
                          Doest have to be in coms message, could just appear on the minimap.

Comment

The spot menu is enough, the entire team is your spotter.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                              If you like that type of gameplay, try the wOoKie sniper mod. There are no spotters, but you have binocs and spot for yourself. Its pretty fun if you have enough people.

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.
                              "Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                              X