X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeless gaming

Who broke the web site

Either they banned my IP or its down lol

OK just heard from ashoof head honcho. The website suffered a hack attack and the hosts were not happy. They want timeless to pay loads for additional protection. This would be expensive and even then not reliable.

At present Timeless are investigating other hosts and options.

NONE OF THIS AFFECTS THE GAME SERVERS which as always are in the reliable hands of rackage.

The website WILL be back.. albeit it may take a few days to reload backups and redirect the URL.

Just play and be patient. Nothing has changes and the same old faces will be back to the new website when its sorted.

And I don't have anything to do with Timeless now. I just investigated why the site was down...

have fun and good gaming

Re: Timeless gaming

Last time I used Timeless I got banned without breaking a single rule, ...and when I posted in the forum asking why, I just got banned from the forum without explanation.

Really impressed with that level of public relations from a gaming community.

Seems hard to believe that such a competent bunch of guys would end up frying their own site...

:score:

Comment

for anyone's information, the site is now fixed and back online, thanks to ashoof and tankster keeping things inshape at timeless.

Comment

pfft I stopped playing on their servers when the timeless titan server vanished and the servers just became a playground for rdx only players...

Comment

Sadly I cannot comment on the quality now. Ironically I stopped playing Timeless servers (and BF242 altogether) because the admin kicked me off it for sitting at the No 3 Titan gun when he wanted it lol. Seemed to sum up the staleness of the BF2142 community.

Having said that Timeless head honcho is the No 1 guy so I would always make an effort to help him and the original people like G-zap olorian et al out.

Comment

They have a Tampa 64 server that I like to play on but I have to say it is the most unreliable server I have ever used. The server crashes practically every other round. I don't know if it is the server, the map or the amount of players at issue - Tampa seems to be the most prone to crashes.

I have just got the game back on after playing barely a few days this year. I have noticed that my time from enjoying playing again to becoming totally pissed off at the game has shrunk now to about 3 rounds. The bugs, my crapness from not playing, the waiting for the ****ing intro screens to fek off, the crashes, the random IDS1 deploy BSODs, the hit registration, the sluggish interface, people TKin for gunships, padders, glitchers, hackers, clanbois, twatty admins, walkers randomly fallin on my head, etc etc

Sometimes the bad outweighs the good. I think I am finally bored of the game. can't say I didn't get my £29.99s worth though.

Comment

Originally posted by RanCorX2
              pfft I stopped playing on their servers when the timeless titan server vanished and the servers just became a playground for rdx only players...
              Timeless servers were ALWAYS havens for RDX-spammers. From the early days of epox to whoever still hammers the old right-click-left-click boom-spam now. That said, before I played any competitive games I did enjoy the carnage.

Gotta remember that timeless also run a lot of servers (not sure if they're all on the same box, but if they are it would explain a lot) and a few of those are 64 player servers, which are notorious for being crash-worthy in 2142.... mix the two together and you get a reasonable explanation for any instability.

I do like their gibraltar server though, even if sometimes it is unbearably spammy a lot of people I enjoy squadding with are usually playing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac

I have just got the game back on after playing barely a few days this year. I have noticed that my time from enjoying playing again to becoming totally pissed off at the game has shrunk now to about 3 rounds. The bugs, my crapness from not playing, the waiting for the ****ing intro screens to fek off, the crashes, the random IDS1 deploy BSODs, the hit registration, the sluggish interface, people TKin for gunships, padders, glitchers, hackers, clanbois, twatty admins, walkers randomly fallin on my head, etc etc

ahhh ahh that was a very comical post i drank that like fine 711 slush and got a gud laf. i hate random walkers fallin on my head 2

Comment

The bugs, my crapness from not playing, the waiting for the ****ing intro screens to fek off, the crashes, the random IDS1 deploy BSODs, the hit registration, the sluggish interface, people TKin for gunships, padders, glitchers, hackers, clanbois, twatty admins, walkers randomly fallin on my head, etc etc
                  Wow...just wow....and all this after 3 rounds on Timeless?

Comment

Clueless Gaming.

Comment

Pay more for Xtra protection, cost much?

SAD Service Alert!

Determined hackers are consistently hard to combat, SAD with NO guarentees LOL, only raw talent can own hackers! They leave when not up to scratch, best hacks can persist!

Until the good guys catch up ;-)

Who'd be a host trying to make a living these days?! Apart from the main ones like FilePlanet etc.

Comment

Ive been banned from t here as well....no sense even appealing it...banned by some guy from Sweden who basically was granted ADMIN rights for get this....posting threads on thier forums....now how fooked up is that????

I watched this WHINER one weekend spam the text line with his garbage about how he was sick and tired of the game itself....funny thing is...I never seen him in over a year of playing on thier servers participate in a single round...LOL....so curiously we began to speak up to this guy just what exactly his problem was...we had no clue who he was....we'd never seen him play on it...ever!!!

NOw it that fair?.....and you cant voice a difference of opinion because thier rules are so obtuse they wont allow for any opinion.Thats cyberpunk facism at its highest level.

They basically re-wrote the rules after that...even tightenig them tighter.ANother server that needs 600 rules....why even go play there anyways anymore? IM happy and honored to be BANNED FOR LIFE on that facist piece of work. Good Riddance.(oh by the way...the guys name from Sweden was Kurim.....since then i've watched that server daily to see who goes into it out of curiousity....he's never been on since)

Comment

After getting banned from Timeless for complaining when I was told I'd have to add the admin on X-fire before they'd respond to requests for admin intervention in games, I just shook my head and thought wow.

Something like a year later, after they'd changed servers and reset their local ban list, I joined again, and managed to have a few good games with my friend Aslan before getting banned again (I suppose because of the previous ban being re-applied by some zealous admin ...although no official explanation has been given).

When you factor in the rdx macro bunnies and nade spammers that ff-off servers inevitably attract, it just means Timeless is a suck-fest.

Comment

64 Man servers aren't fun anymore, but the fact is that people buy the game and see that you can play 32 v 32 and they don't pay attention to the 16 v 16 games, leaving the 16 v 16 servers to be empty a lot. It's what I did 3 years ago lol. :P

Comment

Timeless once had 6 servers and everyone was in the BF2142 top 50 with 5 in the top 10 at one time 01/03/08.

Seems to be a sad situation to see that they only have 2 in the top 100 now (highest mid 20's). Maybe one of the problems is that they have about 20 admins or more listed. Too many cooks?

I currently play C&G and GQ servers and must say apart from the usual smacktard players the games seemed balanced and even.

Must rent my own server one day! I like being flamed just cause I am an admin lol

Comment

Working...
                              X