Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [bf2] bomsf mod

Greetings BF2 community,
    Are you wanting to play on some new maps and a new map every 2 weeks well I have found the place it is called BOMSF. It is a mod for ( BF2 SF )
    and the BOMSF community produces at least 1 map every 2 weeks if not sooner, and they are very good maps. It is setup for co-op or conquest.
    Please check out the site. www.bomsfclub.com

Re: [bf2] bomsf mod

Holy ****, a good map in 2 weeks? A good map takes around 2/3 MONTHS to just create and then have fun finding bugs and glitches. (Facts based on experience with FH2)
    I wish you luck.

Comment

It takes around 6 months to make a good, decent sized map.

two weeks probaly just means a simple edit to a already existing map, or making a really small, 256x2 map with no lightmaps and little detail.

Hell I can make a map like that in a few days, or I could make a huge, terrain based map in a few days with no statics.

But if people want little maps with not much in them and no ligthmaps then ye, you have a player base, but I doubt that will be the case.

Comment

Fun fact: Tunis 1943 in FH2 was made in 3 months. Don't know if you ever played that map but the amount of details is amazing. Otolikos is such a beast when it comes to hard work

I just remember your Muttrah City map. When was the first one released again? 0.5? I found that one fun and then it disappeared and I read something about a realistic version off it and when I first played it I was like holy cow, what a map. Just want to share my feelings about your genius map Rhino, time well spend.

Comment

hello,
          I here is say a few things about BOMSF
          the website is the best mod out there. the maps are great and fun. the members are the nicest you will fine. i am currently a gunnery sargent.
          the owner is COBRA. the way to be a member is the signup and then get 500 points to download the maps. which is not to hard all you have to do is ask a member and be truthful and want to play the mod not just be abusive and most of use will give you the points needed.
          :laugh:

Comment

Why the points system, what does that add/prove?

Is there a real world price behind the mod similar to XBL points?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
              Why the points system, what does that add/prove?

Is there a real world price behind the mod similar to XBL points?
              to have people you real want to play there and the ones the wants to run it in the ground. and want something for nothing. and make it somethings else

Comment

So, what you are saying is that players must pay for the mod. I'm not judging, just clarifying.

Comment

So, what you are saying is that players must pay for the mod. I'm not judging, just clarifying.
                  no i am not saying that even donation does help to keep it running, but to have people that real want to play, and not the other skum that are out there and want to just download unauthorized use of the mod. these are maps made mostly made by the members and not free to use in their mods.

Comment

Mods are intended to be free. Since when do people charge for them (other than Garry Newman)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Falcon_6049
                      Mods are intended to be free. Since when do people charge for them (other than Garry Newman)
                      so what you are saying that a person like your self will spend the money to make the mod and the maps build a server out of your pocket and continue to keep that server running 24 hrs a day out of yor own pocket for everyone to play?
                      so let me and the rest of the world see your mod or are you one of those who like to take other peoples work and make it your own?
                      then show me your mod? and server:shakehead:
                      that you keep it running with no help from anyone which is programming and or money

Comment

I cannot understand any of your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
                          I cannot understand any of your posts.
                          in my last i ws repying to The_Falcon_6049 statement about all mod are to be free. i wanted to ask this person that if he was will to put that statement to practice. in being that he makes a mod, build a server with his own money no help from friend, runs it and maintains it for free for everyone to use. than have soneone steal his work and goes and sets up a server with his free mods and makes money for his free mod. i can not make it any simplier

Comment

Originally posted by emti45
                            in my last i ws repying to The_Falcon_6049 statement about all mod are to be free. i wanted to ask this person that if he was will to put that statement to practice. in being that he makes a mod, build a server with his own money no help from friend, runs it and maintains it for free for everyone to use. than have soneone steal his work and goes and sets up a server with his free mods and makes money for his free mod. i can not make it any simplier
                            If you're going to sell a product/service, then it's up to you to protect it's identity. If you don't, then someone will just take it.

By charging, you start to get into multiple areas of legality which i'm not sure you have experience in.

Comment

If you're going to sell a product/service, then it's up to you to protect it's identity. If you don't, then someone will just take it.

By charging, you start to get into multiple areas of legality which i'm not sure you have experience in.
                              i only was stating a fact of what has already happen to the mod group i am with. that is all
                              and the people who did are the one that are the scum who profits from what i have beem talking about

Comment

Working...
                              X