Modern Warfare 2 graphics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Warfare 2 graphics?

Any word/speculation on the type of graphic eye-candy we can expect in this game? I was extremely happy with CoD4s visuals but wouldn't mind a slight improvement, especially on the hexagonal-like scopes...

Re: Modern Warfare 2 graphics?

It would be nice and they have had a while, but I would assume its just more tweaks to the engine they have now.

Comment

I think some slight improvements would do for me, but nothing huge. Imo, I would like to see more improvements to the gameplay and maps, and some extra creativity to be thrown on top of their usually solid game.

Comment

I expect healthy doses of FPS killing SSAO and overuse of HDR and bloom.

Comment

I honestly don't care if it's improved - Call of Duty 4's graphics were fairly decent, and I end up turning off all the crazy post-processing effects anyways.

Comment

I wouldn't mind some of the upgrades in terms of CODW@W, was a decent upgrade. The COD4 engine is really good, even after however many years of its release, unlike the BF2 engine.

Comment

I would expect MW2 to be very similar to COD4, graphics-wise. IW generally wanted to make COD4 playable on mid-range as well as higher-end PC's, and I think they'll do the same with MW2. Maybe some slight tweaks here and there, maybe a bit higher-rez textures, but I would not expect anything significantly different.

Some people in other forums/sites commented on the recent MW2 vid, saying that it looked "PS2" quality. Although I won't go that far, in some parts you can definitely see some blockiness and lower-rez textures. I personally think this is because it's a video made from early footage before they've had a chance to go into the game to clean it up and do all the fancy processing/smoothing needed. IMO, COD4 looked just fine, and I think MW2 will be just a little bit better.

Comment

Yeah, I definitely feel relieved that CoD4's graphics were good, and therefore it would be nearly impossible for there to be a downgrade in MW2.

Comment

I was 'happy' with CoD4s graphics but they by no means matched the date the game was actually made. But I'm happy that IW regard graphics as a novelty and game play as a necessity.

Now they know how to do game play they can do more graphics

Comment

I felt that CoD4's graphics were fine, and I wouldn't mind if they stay the same.

Of course, a few improvements here and there would be great too.

Comment

Don't expect any major changes, IMO it will stay the same the next couple of games, till the new console comes out.

Comment

No major changes. It will be a bit tweaked like they did in CoD5.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

After looking at the Gameplay video's it seems to be very similar, which is good. I still play COD4 and I think the graphics are good enough. The important thing is that they keep the gameplay as it was in COD4.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatEvilGuy
                            Don't expect any major changes, IMO it will stay the same the next couple of games, till the new console comes out.
                            I wonder though, what's on their plans? new consoles are not going to hit till around 2012 and IW have pretty much maxed out the 360. As since IW releases new games every two years I guess we'll see MW3 on 360 around 2011? I guess it will look very dated by then.

And then when the new consoles come out so will the new Call of Duty.

Comment

Originally posted by [101]F|Cpt.Pierre-GC-
                              After looking at the Gameplay video's it seems to be very similar, which is good. I still play COD4 and I think the graphics are good enough. The important thing is that they keep the gameplay as it was in COD4.
                              With of course, the removal of martyrdoom; and a life sentence to jail if it's even implemented in a game, ever.

I still think COD4's graphics are amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              X