Dynamic Objects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Objects?

I don't know if this has been discussed already or mentioned but what ever happend to the dynamic objects in this game?? O_o

You know, the TVs that blew up when shot, the melons the split apart, the pictures that fell off the wall etc etc...

What could have been the cause that lead to their removal?

Re: Dynamic Objects?

I thought you could still get them Just in unmodded servers, most mods removed them for fps boosts.

Comment

I don't know about TV's, but you can still destroy melons, and shoot small objects (cans, oranges) in MP and they will bounce around. This is a bit more of this in SP, I think.

The short answer is the "cost" of doing physics in gameplay, esp MP. You have to have the right engine to do it, and the user PC has to be of higher spec. If you don't, it can be a huge hit to frame-rate. The Frostbite engine of BF:BC seems more built for this sort of thing, and they can program with this in mind and do more. On the other hand, trying to force older engines to do it will cause problems.

IW made the decision to go with a smooth gameplay experience, instead of some fancy extras that would look cool, but not really add to the game overall, and they wanted it to run on mid-range PC's. I would expect a similar experience in MW2, as I doubt that they've done much to the engine since then. Perhaps the next version after that (MW3), a couple yrs down the road, might have newer tech and do more of this kind of thing.

Comment

Hmmm well the server I always play on (Internode) you could always destroy things, as soon as the patch came out I couldn't.. I just tried now to join a few different servers and I still couldn't destroy anything..

P.S. I'm not asking why they didn;t have more dynamic objects but why they removed the already existing ones..

Comment

WHAT? I need to double check the maps, but I could always blow up TVs and melons and bricks.

They just stopped?

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah looks that way, Like I said I have tried a few servers including my usual one and none of them seem to have interactive objects anymore.. Doesn't really bother me but I'm just curious as to why they removed it or maybe it was a coding error?

Comment

It could easily be something you did with your config, edit it recently? I would backup your config and then set it to default settings, to see if you can still destroy stuff.

Comment

:shock: I can't shoot stuff anymore?!

This was like the best part of the game.. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by [USAC]N|Cpl.Frantic
                  It could easily be something you did with your config, edit it recently? I would backup your config and then set it to default settings, to see if you can still destroy stuff.
                  Nope, never touch the config files or anything like that..

Comment

Type in console:

/dynEnt_active "1"

Promod forces dynEnt_active off, and does not turn it back on if you disconnect a promod server, (via /disconnect) - which is annoying/bad and should be fixed, but I don't think anyone wants to see another Promod update...

You might want to bind it to a key somewhere to make life easier...

/bind mouse1 "+attack;dynEnt_active 1"

Then everytime you shoot you'll "reset" the dvar back to 1

Comment

Alright, I checked out CoD4 tonight and I blew up TVs, knocked over bricks, shot up water bottles, and crushed melons. Everything looked normal.

On another note, what happened to the game???? I went on about six different servers finding objects to blow up and there were spammers, obvious aim bots, people being total idiots, and complainers. I havent played CoD4 in about four months but MAN, maybe I just picked six bad servers in a row. The people were terrible.

Anyway, recheck your settings, I blew up all kinds of stuff.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        On another note, what happened to the game???? I went on about six different servers finding objects to blow up and there were spammers, obvious aim bots, people being total idiots, and complainers. I havent played CoD4 in about four months but MAN, maybe I just picked six bad servers in a row.
                        It's not just you. There are still good servers out there, of course...but there is also A LOT of pretty suspicious activity out there as well. It feels different (worse) than before, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]IC|*=DaN=*
                          Type in console:

/dynEnt_active "1"

Promod forces dynEnt_active off, and does not turn it back on if you disconnect a promod server, (via /disconnect) - which is annoying/bad and should be fixed, but I don't think anyone wants to see another Promod update...

You might want to bind it to a key somewhere to make life easier...

/bind mouse1 "+attack;dynEnt_active 1"

Then everytime you shoot you'll "reset" the dvar back to 1

Thanks that seems to have fixed it!

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                            Alright, I checked out CoD4 tonight and I blew up TVs, knocked over bricks, shot up water bottles, and crushed melons. Everything looked normal.

On another note, what happened to the game???? I went on about six different servers finding objects to blow up and there were spammers, obvious aim bots, people being total idiots, and complainers. I havent played CoD4 in about four months but MAN, maybe I just picked six bad servers in a row. The people were terrible.

Anyway, recheck your settings, I blew up all kinds of stuff.

Crunch
                            Go on the good servers, there's only like, 50 of them with "Normal" people on it. Most people are around to have a crap time and piss others off, or earn their l33t gold Deagle with their 50$ hack PB undetectable.

Comment

Working...
                            X