Unknown Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Error

I basically reinstalled bf2 and had the v1.41 Server Patch installed. As I made a new accont the first thing I wanted to do is just run the game see if my computer can hold better settings. But I had realised, I only saw 25 servers that I can acces only. I recall about 900 servers that were populated all around with punkbuster and ranked. I run the patch again and then i still notice that the servers that are provided only contain the orignal game with no patches v1.0 * Note [I downloaded the v1.41 patch from the gamestop site]

Should I completely unistall the game, and remove the patch, then reinstall everything?

Re: Unknown Error

Originally posted by Human_Error
    I basically reinstalled bf2 and had the v1.41 Server Patch installed.
    You say you installed the 1.41 Server Patch, if that is correct then that is your problem. You need the 1.41 Client Patch. The Server patch would not update your version from 1.0 to 1.41 so that is why you are seeing only version 1.0 servers.

Comment

Very interesting.. so why would they make me download both the Client Patch Along with the Server Patch.. ?

Comment

Also note that the version shown on the main menu won't show 1.4 even with the correct client patch installed; it will show 1.1.2965-797.0 for patch 1.41.

Comment

I've tried to look or the most valid Client Patch and when I downloaded the one that i found on fileplanet, the patch completely slowed my computer down when I tried to run it[*Not during the download*] and put my cpu memory usage at 50% to 75% slowing down my computer 10 times the orignal speed. Along with having the actual run up take 1-5 minutes to load with the computer going through corrupted firewalls.

Comment

Working...
          X