What is fresh out the box for BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is fresh out the box for BF2

Just made my return to computer gaming, and have not been informed about any new updates, or fun type of mods that have been released, according to this brand name.

Along with downloading BF2 again on my PC, i was wondering if the 1.41v patch server is the only patch that I need for this game in order to have as many servers as possible.

Also i want to install the Battlefield expansion pack ['Special Forces'] and I recalled that every time I had installed it, right after my computer restarted itself and I wanted to run the game right after that was done. There was a lightning error to that game. I've completely forgotten how to fix this error & was wondering what could be done to resolve the issue.

Thanks Again for your intrest and help ...

Re: What is fresh out the box for BF2

#1 Yes 1.41 is the last patch released and will give yu the most servers to choose from. 1.5 is in the beta stages but I wouldnt reccommend it at t his time.

#2 Dunno sorry bro

Comment

There are still a hand full of ranked 1.03 servers out there (best gaming experience besides if you are luck enough not to get kicked from 1.5 beta servers). Only down side, no new weapons, only additional map is Wake, and no SF/EF/AF.

Comment

Yea I honeslty believe that the battlefield series is the best fps related to past wars, current wars, and sci-fi futuristic wars. I have the atmosphere that makes me feel that i'm in the action myself; drawing me into my own dream world. Every time I would remind myself playing bf2,bf2142 I would always recall the best type of action angles and scenes from the perfection of the game series. Eventhough i'm really looking forward to BF3, if they have that game coming up anytime soon. There was a report where it said BF3 was out due late 2008. Then again, just have to wait for concrete evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Human_Error
          There was a lightning error to that game. I've completely forgotten how to fix this error & was wondering what could be done to resolve the issue.
          There was a workaround to the lightning.fx issue with patch 1.3 but if you install patch 1.41 you shouldn't need it.

Comment

so basically do i rerun the server patch and the client patch after i fully completed the installment of 'Special Forces' ?

Comment

I was hearing that you had to do it in this order.....someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

Install BF2
              Patch to 1.41
              Install SF (or any other exp)
              Patch with 1.41 again
              then patch 1.5 if you're so inclined...

Or if you're like me you'd have three installations of BF2..... Bf2-1.4 1.5 & 1.5(version 2)

LOVE HIGHWAY TAMPA WITH CHOPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Best order is, BF2>>1.41>>EF>>AF>>SF>>1.41 and then if you choose to 1.50, since SF installs I thing 1.12 or something and EF and AF have minimum patching requirements.

Highway Tampa with choppers FOREVER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Human_Error
                  so basically do i rerun the server patch and the client patch after i fully completed the installment of 'Special Forces' ?
                  NOT the server patch. Server patch is only for servers; the client patch includes the server files plus the client files (because every BF2 client is also also potentially a server).

Comment

kk thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X