Dissapointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissapointed

I had been waiting for a key for around 6 months before finally getting one, I was so happy, went and set up my character to jump into a game and then I found out what heroes was....

I am pretty disappointed and I wonder why it even has the battlefield name to even remotely imply any similarities between it and the Battlefield franchise. I just can't get into the gameplay style and feel at all. I played for two or three matches, and then removed battlefield heroes from my computer with no plan on getting it. Maybe I just can't get into it because I like the more "hard core" game style, but I don't know, something seems really off with this game for me.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I just throwing myself into the lion pit here?

Re: Dissapointed

BFH is not for people looking for a hardcore game, you gotta look at heroes for what it is a fun little time killer.

I enjoy the game, but I do want something more hardcore. Its something new on the battlefield menu and not everyone is going to like it.

Comment

It's a fun game just to open up and play for half an hour or so.

I can imagine when it gets fully released it'll be fun playing with friends etc.

Comment

Been playing recently, hats off to the producer, 2-3 really good new features.

lol'd at beta bug reports or was it general disscussion, 20 posts of the hacker everywhere: PB smak down time?

bit suprised this sort of thing is not top priority!?!?

ask Microsoft to hide your DLL's or something, ffs this getting tiresome!

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l
          ask Microsoft to hide your DLL's or something, ffs this getting tiresome!
          You can't just hide DLL's...

The game will always call on them meaning they are easy to find. I guess you could create a rootkit... but that wouldn't go down well

Comment

I liked it right up until they entered the final beta period and changed you know what.

Comment

Originally posted by Flt. Sgt. Powderhound
              I liked it right up until they entered the final beta period and changed you know what.
              If you by "You know what" are thinking what I am thinking you are thinking, then you should know that the you know what on you know what was changed somewhat yesterday, so maybe you should revisit the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaoticrambo
                I had been waiting for a key for around 6 months before finally getting one and then I found out what heroes was....
                lol?

I knew before I wasted my time it was just a TF2 knock-off.. Kinda looking forward to BF:BC2 though

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                  If you by "You know what" are thinking what I am thinking you are thinking, then you should know that the you know what on you know what was changed somewhat yesterday, so maybe you should revisit the site.
                  I did not know that, thanks for the heads up

Comment

Ok firstly, what is "you know what" (send me a PM im in the beta) and secondly, its not a knock off of TF2, it actually feels quite different and and refreshing.

Comment

I would classify it as a FPSRPG.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
                        I would classify it as a FPSRPG.
                        TPSRPG, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                          TPSRPG, right?
                          More a WTFBBQ in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                            its not a knock off of TF2, it actually feels quite different and and refreshing.
                            It is a knock off and was entirely designed around the success of TF2. It is good that it is different and refreshing, I agree with that, but it is a knock off.

Just like Quake was a knockoff of Doom was a knockoff of Wolfenstein; different, but still chasing each other.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Eh, as much as I dislike Battlefield Heroes, and I really like TF2, I would not classify it as a knockoff. I am sure they looked at it for some references, but I see no clear connection besides being cartoony graphics between the two games. They have a completely different feel.

I just can't stand heroes, I can't put my finger on exactly what part of it, but something just makes it unplayable for me. Maybe it is the sheer lack of any attempt to make it a serious game turns me off. Because although TF2 is not realistic, if you get into a good non-modded server, it can be a very tough game.

Comment

Working...
                              X