Men of War + Other Aspyr games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men of War + Other Aspyr games

I see there is a sale on Steam on Men of War and some other Aspyr Media games. Any of these worth a buy?:

Men of War $25
    Death Track: Resurrection $17
    Cryostasis $25
    1701 A.D (Gold Edition) $25

And was also wondering if Defence Grid is worth a buy? Only $5.

Re: Men of War + Other Aspyr games

I was looking at these games, I did notice than non of them have a very good metascore, and they all kind of seem.... well... different.

I looked at defense grid, but I don't see a reason in paying for better graphics and less content than I could get from any number of defense games on Warcraft III Battle.net

Comment

Cryostasis is apparently alright, good concept not particularly fantastic execution.

Comment

Men of War is like... 7-8 years old now? It was pretty dire.

Comment

Huh? soldiers heroes of ww2 is 7-8 years old, went soldiers, faces of war, Men of war. Its actually a pretty dam good game, a nice take on the RTS style, instead of having mainly squads like in most RTS's you have single men who you can customise any weapon they use in their inventory etc. Lots of 'spec ops' missions, throwing knifes at guards, dragging bodies away etc and epic defence missions.

Also, its a really good game for co-op with 3-4 ppl.

Want more? Visit: http://dateyourgame.com/men-of-war/This is an other video of Men of War in Coop. In this mission you need to hold a series of trench agains...

What I really love about this game is the attention to detail, you use direct control to easily control units accurately yourself. This really helps when fighting with tanks as unline most games, the angle of the shot etc makes a difference when penertrating the armour, for example with one tank i might only be able to blow the other tanks tracks off as my gun is too small etc.

Comment

Originally posted by [202K]1|UFwb.Pieman'
            Men of War is like... 7-8 years old now? It was pretty dire.
            Men of War was released in February...... Will probably pick it up to review it.

Comment

I played a very old game called the same thing then

Comment

I don't know if Men of War is any good but if it's anything like the previous games in the series, it's an absolute gem that I would happily pay full price for.

I really liked being able to take control of the units personally and how pretty much everything can be destroyed. Sure, most RTS game will let you destroy buildings and stuff but Faces of War took it a bit further. Like, if there was a tank or something on the other side of a building, instead of having your tank drive around the building to shoot it, you could tell the crew to load armour piercing rounds and shoot straight through the building and out the other side... Or you could just take control of the tank yourself and drive through the building

I hear the voice acting is pretty bad in Men of War but if the gameplay is anything like Faces of War, I would definately go for it

Comment

Picked Men of War up, the voice acting is abysmal but its not really their fault, would imagine the Russian translation of the game would be much better. I like the bit about taking control of individual men, allows you to set up fire teams and assault a position strategically, however, if you are playing a level with a limited amount of allied soldiers when you lose a couple of men you are pretty much doomed for the whole mission, very hard without nearly a full squad. I am enjoying it though! Picked up Universe at War aswell and I am enjoying that, played it more than Men of War, I heard the campaign is very long in Men of War which I am looking forward to, will probably play it more when I am off work.

Essentially I picked it up to review it, since the reviews on Check Your hud are of lesser known games, but I am enjoying it now, if you can overlook the voice acting. I was planning on picking up Cryostasis to do the same but a friend already picked it up and he will probably review it, so no point, if he likes it I might pick it up.

Comment

Heh the voice acting is hilarious, I could never tell if it really was that bad, or done as a joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X