50 days to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 days to go

GAME.co.uk is the UK's leading games retailer with great deals on video games, consoles, accessories and the latest pre-order games.

Re: 50 days to go

Probably the wrong section, but I shall have a play at both.

Comment

Not many other choices. I dont really care for ArmA and Flashpoint 2 looks OK, but I dont really have plans to buy it. So I guess my choice is CoD4 FOREVER!

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I want to give Flashpoint 2 a try, but that doesn't mean that I'll stop playing other games altogether.

Comment

I've never tried a military sim like those before, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try a demo.

Comment

Didnt rate ARMA thought it was so buggy and the graphics just didnt cut it for me, so OF2 seems good.

Comment

I would like to try a demo of ARMA II as the game's concept seems fun.

Comment

You cannot compare CoD 4 to ArmA 2.

ArmA 2 is a military simulator. It requires thinking.

CoD 4 is an arcade game. It takes place in 300x300 meter boxes and assists and prompts you through most of the game (WAW is worse in this regard).

If you want CoD 4 on a larger scale, buy OFP: DR. It is not a hardcore simulator like ArmA, and is CERTAINLY limited in what it CAN simulate.

"Oh, but we don't need airplanes" "Oh, but we don't need animals" "Oh, but we don't need civilians"

That is the story of Dragon Rising. And what are you left with at the end of all this? Another linear shooter, although one that purports itself to be realistic.

Not to mention the infamous "Its Nothing Serious" video. After all the hype over how realistic Dragon Rising will be, the project leader gave a demonstration at E3. He was hit in the head by a round from an assault rifle, leaving him standing.

And I quote the project leader: "As you can see I've taken a hit to me 'ead. Its nothing serious, but I am bleeding badly."

Riiight.

You must understand that a game with the scale and depth of ArmA 2 will have bugs in it at release. Could it have been tested better? Yes. Will the developers fix it? Definitely. If ArmA is any indication to go by, they will continue to support it years after its release.

JoMaMaz, a demo of ArmA 2 will be released soon, if you are interested in seeing the concept and gameplay. Note that it is not indicative of the final content of the game, but you should get an idea of what the gameplay will be like.

The true military simulator is ArmA 2.

Oh, this is KC-10. I forgot that I use a different account on this website.

Comment

Play demos of both and see which one appeals to me.

Honestly, I haven't been paying attention to these games.

Comment

I have heard Arma 2 was released with alot of bugs but still would like to give it a try. Haven't heard much on OFP2 but it looks good.

Comment

ArmA2 looks sh*t and everyone keeps saying Op flashpoint is just as bad... Soo I'm waiting with CoD4 until MW2 hits the shelves

Comment

Working...
                      X