Transport Vehicle Only Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport Vehicle Only Mode?

Would it be possible to include a "transport vehicle only" (perhaps even replacing the "no vehicle" mode we have now) in the 1.5 patch for BF2?

The "no vehicle" mode that we have now negate the "special use" of many of the classes. For example, the engineer has practically no use for land mines anymore. Anti-tank soldiers don't really have anything to blow up -- And, well, for the rest, it takes an awful long time just to simply GET anywhere.

I, and perhaps many others, think that if ONLY transport vehicles (such as transport helicopters, jeeps, buggies, and the like, along with their turrets) were available in a map, not only would it make gameplay a little more exciting than plain infantry mode -- it would also reintroduce the importance of having different soldiers of different classes in your team/squad -- in addition to saving you from a great number of uneventful and long walks.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Re: Transport Vehicle Only Mode?

I actually think this is a pretty good idea, because theres times on air maps that nothing gets done because people are so bothered about jets etc. Also it would reduce the chance of one team dominating. I know ive been on Wake and the USMC can get past the arty island thanks to 2 J-10's and a chopper.
    But, i wouldent want to have no jeeps etc because it would take far too long to get around. The only thing is i doubt that this will ever be put into a patch.

Comment

There are servers out there that have a transport vehicles only rule.
      IF it works it's pretty cool but you get baseraped and spawnkilled a lot.

But it really is a great thing if you can travel faster without the fear of TV's and tanks ;-)

FipZ

Comment

I would love a no aircraft mode (aside from transport choppers)

Comment

I've wanted this for a long time, shame it will never happen officially (ohno)

Comment

Sounds like a great idea, plus I can still attach C4 to my Chinese Sea Cow(Transport Helo).

Comment

Cannot replace the infantry only mode. Nothing will.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
                Cannot replace the infantry only mode. Nothing will.
                Yeah, nothing matches the sheer idiocy of Karkand I/O.

Comment

I think it's a good idea, and I've seen it suggested by lots of other people, across several different games.

A lot of people like bigger maps where you can move around and do more. A lot of people also hate the (over)power of combat vehicles. Unarmed transports - perhaps even made so that you can't run over/kill anyone with them - isn't a bad halfway point. It's something that I hope more developers consider in future titles.

Comment

I think it's a great idea, but I doubt it'll be implemented in 1.5.

Originally posted by Whiskey
                    I think it's a good idea, and I've seen it suggested by lots of other people, across several different games.

A lot of people like bigger maps where you can move around and do more. A lot of people also hate the (over)power of combat vehicles. Unarmed transports - perhaps even made so that you can't run over/kill anyone with them - isn't a bad halfway point. It's something that I hope more developers consider in future titles.
                    I think it'd be fine to arm the transports. A single AT can easily take out a jeep. Yes, the .50 cal is powerful, but a jeep's a big target.

Comment

I think if this mode was implimented I would play it more than the traditional all vehiles mode. No air vehicles/tanks dominating and baseraping ftw.

Comment

This is what IO should have been.

Comment

It is a good idea and most of the time the jeeps and DPVs are going too fast for the driver to notice AT mines which would make engineers more useful.

Comment

Yeah it's a really good idea. Three modes, Vanilla, Infantry only and Transport only. Imagine those 64 player maps which are too large for infantry only, being played with infantry transport. Kubra Dam with transport choppers, hummers and DPVs. Zatar Wetlands, Dragon Valley, Daqing oilfields and Fushe Pass! That would be epic gameplay. :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by JayZ
                              Yeah it's a really good idea. Three modes, Vanilla, Infantry only and Transport only. Imagine those 64 player maps which are too large for infantry only, being played with infantry transport. Kubra Dam with transport choppers, hummers and DPVs. Zatar Wetlands, Dragon Valley, Daqing oilfields and Fushe Pass! That would be epic gameplay. :yay:
                              Quick, someone get DICE :awes

Comment

Working...
                              X