Beta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta?

Did Someone know ? if we going have a beta? and if they going give us keys like bfheroes or we going take it ont a website like cod5 beta?

Re: Beta?

Dont know.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Swatpll
      Did Someone know ? if we going have a beta? and if they going give us keys like bfheroes or we going take it ont a website like cod5 beta?
      Nothing concrete is known at the moment but they said forum goers and twitter followers will get keys IF they do a beta.

Comment

They really need to release a public beta or at least a solid demo if they want to get the majority of hardcore PC gamers interested. While it is appealing in some ways, the limited map selection and toned down player count/graphics don't seem like a very smart decision in my opinion, and I'd like to test it out before buying it.

Comment

From the rumor mill console gamers are going to get a BETA similar to a demo soon, no source.

Comment

Originally posted by Defekt
            They really need to release a public beta or at least a solid demo if they want to get the majority of hardcore PC gamers interested. While it is appealing in some ways, the limited map selection and toned down player count/graphics don't seem like a very smart decision in my opinion, and I'd like to test it out before buying it.

Same...:thumbsup:

Comment

I think they said something about a trial period anyway, but not sure if that's only for consoles or PC too.

But, I think a Beta could very well make the game more well known and popular too, and not only iron out the worst bugs

Comment

and it would be nice for PC guys after springing the september thing on us

Comment

One thing I was thinking of is EA recently putting some titles on Steam. If they put this one on Steam, they could do "free" play days. Instead of a demo or beta, you could play the full game for a day or two.

As different as they made this game I would think they would WANT to put out a demo of some kind so the BFx diehards can see for themselves.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The steam idea would actually work quite well, although I don't know how many Battlefield fans have steam, so it could be counterproductive.

Comment

DICE has just said there will be no beta as such but there is going to be a trial to download , probably going to be a timed trial , so its not a demo you can play for months or years even

Comment

Originally posted by MR DICE
                        DICE has just said there will be no beta as such but there is going to be a trial to download
                        Well that would be called a open beta right you got a link to that pleas?

Comment

Originally posted by TheQ
                          Well that would be called a open beta right you got a link to that pleas?
                          No , wrong , open beta is testing the game and looking for bugs and making sure every thing is good , but DICE are not doing that , they said it is only a TRIAL , nothing more.

Comment

What about for PC version though? That's all I care about.

Comment

EA and DICE find the concept of beta testing difficult to get their head around.

they'd rather just release the game, and leave the bugs and glitches alone until they've been given enough angry complaints from the suckers that buy the game.

and then make us all have to download MASSIVE patches that take almost an hour to download and install every 6 to 12 months.

its all in the game :salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X